Window problem

aznrob

Reaction score
I have a 99 Honda accord coupe LX and something is wrong with my passenger window. It doesn't want to go up all the way. Hopefully someone can help.

https://youtu.be/1rgSp0JpZvU

Connie

Reaction score
I have a 99 Honda accord coupe LX and something is wrong with my passenger window. It doesn't want to go up all the way. Hopefully someone can help.

https://youtu.be/1rgSp0JpZvU

Does it just stop halfway or make a skipping sound? Does it come up on an angle?

You're going to need to take the door panel off and see what's going on. I had the tracks come apart on the driver's side of Midnight this summer, and it made a clicking sound about an inch from closed and wouldn't go up any further. The hinges came loose on one side and the motor wasn't meshing with the gear enough and ended up stripping the gear.

I think this wear happens when the window is frozen shut and someone is too impatient and wants it open now. My girlfriend drives Midnight, so go figure.

Easiest is to swap in the whole assembly from a junkyard or parts car. Bring a battery and test it first. Be careful not to scratch the tint when you're taking out the glass if your windows are tinted.

dawg316

Reaction score
mine was doing the same thing for like a day before the regulator broke. protip, if you do replace the regulator. buy one with a motor and regulator as a unit. i bought 2 diffrent regulators and the teeth didnt mesh into my factory honda window motor.

posted it on your youtube comment aswell

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yep buy an assembly that has the regulator and motor. Though watch which one you buy for the driver side because I just replaced mine but now the auto down function does not work anymore. Somehow the new assembly must be different electrically.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yep buy an assembly that has the regulator and motor. Though watch which one you buy for the driver side because I just replaced mine but now the auto down function does not work anymore. Somehow the new assembly must be different electrically.

That sucks! I didn’t even think of that when I bought mine. Guess I got lucky. OP; yes, it’s more than likely the regulator and/or motor. Best just buy the whole assembly, I think I bought mine on rockauto for like $50-ish and R&R wasn’t too difficult.

Back