THE Lighting Review Thread

Nismode

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Custom CCFL License Plate lights (kit put together by kevinBo03)
Price paid & from where: Kevin's kit runs for $20 + shipping.
Pros: Bright, nicer color than stock, plug and play means one can revert to stock easily. Makes the car look a little newer [er, less old] than it really is.
Cons: In my install, the plastic dome cover was difficult to remove and snap back in (someone had a screw on the right side to keep it in). None so far, but I haven't had my friends abuse it (slamming my trunk). Seems weather resistant (did this in the drizzle/rain). Also makes your plate more visible to others (con for popo? lol)
Final Verdict: "I love the look, they are bright, and make my car stand out." Ease of install is always good (it's also nice to support a fellow member)

Old:
now9473352.jpg

New:
plate24071005.jpg
plate14061202.jpg

Last edited:

f23accord

Reaction score
Brand & model:pICC HID kit (8000k)
Price paid and from where:$160.00 bought and installed, (aero cosmetics)
Pros:plug and play system, great light, i see everything
Cons:none
Final verdict:glad i got them

thejameshimself

Reaction score
Brand & Model: CCFL Tag Lights (Kevin's kit)
Price paid & from where: Got the first series for $20 shipped.
Pros: Good color (i got the white), bright but not too bright. Comes with all the instructions your need and Kevin was really quick with answering PMs.
Cons: I had some troubles with the plug that you have to put in the stock light socket. It has metal contacts that bend fairly easily and it took a bit of troubleshooting to get a solid connection. It may be a little nit-picky but when you have something that is 95% quality there's not much to rag on.
Final Verdict: Minus the one Con, everything else was solid. You have all the pieces you need, great instructions, and a quality product.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Brand & model: Custom 4-chip Superflux LED strip
Price paid and from where: 275 from Rich at HID Illusionz
Pros: The fitment was perfect, the wiring was simple, the output is amazing, and the color is the purest white I've seen
Cons: None that I know of
Final verdict: May be pricey but you really get what you pay for, if not more

DSC_3115.jpg

DSC_3130.jpg

DSC_3872.jpg

DSC_3849.jpg

Taccord6

Reaction score
Brand & model:

DDM Tuning Slim Ballast Kit 35W 6000K

Price paid and from where:

$49.99 at DDM Tuning webstore

Pros:
Lifetime warranty. $$. Whoa these are bright and look great. 6000K has a great color, not too blue.

Cons:
The instructions included are useless for first time installs. DL the ones online at their site. The way the rubber seal fits is strange. i spent all the time installing just figuring out if i was doing it wrong.

Final verdict:
Great buy. Worth $50. 6000K has a slight tint of blue. i might go w/ 5000K for a more OEM look.

SlickSilver

Reaction score
Brand & Model: O-NEX 35w 6K HID Kit
Price paid & from where: $50.00 from A1 Motorsports; from the end of the year met at Autobacs
Pros: Bright, plug and play = win.. 1year warranty.. not a lifetime like DDM, but I can deal with it.
Cons: None really, the hardest part was getting the bulbs to line up at 6oclock position, that took the majority of the time, because there isn't a lot of room to move your hands.. especially for the passenger side.. and it's unbelievable how hard you have to push the connectors to the OEM harness.. I thought I got a bad ballast or something.

Final Verdict: I love them, and no one has flashed me so far.. and there is an obvious lighting advantage with these over stock.

Nismode

Reaction score
Brand & model: Generic LEDs for Visors
Price paid and from where: ebay, seller warden_jp2002 for $2.49 + $1.80 shipping - This is for ONE bulb, you will need 4 bulbs total.
Pros: Bright, nice color, seems a lil brighter than stock at night.
Cons: None so far. Just got them today
Final verdict: The start of the interior LED conversion.

Lots of pics, from stock setup, to half stock/LED, to full LED.

img0150large.jpg

img0143large.jpg

img0138large.jpg

img0140large.jpg

img0146large.jpg

img0155large.jpg

img0145large.jpg

img0141large.jpg

img0156large.jpg

img0148large.jpg

img0149large.jpg

img0142large.jpg

EDIT:
Update on these:

I'm not sure if it's because of the LED's, because I'm not sure if the regular bulbs did this. But the passenger side visor flickers when opening/closing the cover for the mirror. It's more noticeable when closing though. When the visor is open though, it is fine. Something a tiny bit annoying, not sure if it is because of how I put them in, or because of the fact that they are LED's. I'll try to put in the old bulbs to see if they did that.

Then again, it could just be my car.

I'll see if I can take a video of it from my phone later.

Last edited:

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
Brand & model: 35W 6000k DDM Tuning Slim ballast HIDs
Price paid and from where: uhhhh I think 74 bucks but that was almost a year ago. I bought it directly from DDM.
Pros: I love the output compared to halogen. I now love driving on very dark roads because of it. Adjust it properly and you will be satisfied. The color is just perfect, alittle blue and alitte white combined.
Cons: None! I even got my friend to buy a pair for his civic.
Final verdict: I recommend DDM to anyone who is in the market of buying HIDs. Its wayyyyy better than stock, adjust them so you dont blind people because I've gotten a couple of flashes when I didnt adjust mine.

Brand & model: Nokya 2500k Hyper yellow bulbs
Price paid and from where: 20 bucks including shipping from amazon.
Pros: I love the blend of the color of my HIDs produce combined with these. They arent as bright as my HIDs of course but they give that "JDM" look. I used these as my high beams and they weren't as bright as my stock ones.
Cons: Not as bright as halogen.
Final verdict: Its pretty cheap, give out a nice color. I drive with them on all the time now. I like the combination of the HIDs and these put together. I recommend them to anyone who want the "JDM" look.

2hh124z.jpg

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Brand & Model: TYC Projector headlights and DDM tuning 55w HID's
Price paid & from where: $170 for headlights from eBay and $89 for 55w ballasts with 5000k bulbs for click me
Pros: Light output is really good, cutoff is decent considering its not like the TSX or any other better OEM projectors.
Cons: hate that i had to make a hole at the back of the cover for the HID bulbs,and cuttof is not as good as other projectors but way way better than any eGay projector.

Final Verdict: Excellent,it was way better than my OEM with stock bulbs and i dont have blind ppl like when i had HIDs on my reflector housing.
here's a vid of my output with 6000k bulbs clicky

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Brand & model:Side emitting "headlight" LEDs (neutral white 5k)
Price paid and from where:around $30 shipped from oznium.com
Pros:the led's are on the side of the strip so when you tape them into your headlights with the provided 3m tape the LEDs shine straight out the front of your headlights. Plus they look really clean once they are mounted in the headlight since they're very small. Very easy to instal if you can black house your headlights you can install these. BRIGHT!!!
Cons:non so far.
Final verdict:Great totally worth the $30 I paid for them and I haven't had to go through like 3 sets to get them to work in my headlights like I did with the ccfl's I had before!

26455_1279353915146_1568970602_30815592_2998535_n.jpg

26455_1279389316031_1568970602_30815737_383939_n.jpg

Brand & model: 12" CCFL (white)
Price paid and from where: like $8 I think from oznium.com
Pros:really bright great color pretty easy to install. When used to replace some stock lights (i.e. license plate) it gives your car a very new look.
Cons:have to deal with transformers blowing and the connectors that attach the tubes to the transformer and the power cords to the transformer are pretty ****ty. I had alot of trouble installing them into my headlights for some reason but they worked fine any other time.
Final verdict: great as long as your not tryin to retro them into your headlights :thumbsup:

26455_1279353875145_1568970602_30815591_6971121_n.jpg

Back