Gas range

datechboss101

Reaction score
I am totally not sure if this is the right section, but well...

I am really curious on whats the gas range per tank that you all are getting. I'm not asking about MPGs as many of us have a lead foot and loves to get those Gas Guzzling MPGs:High 5::waytogo:

Devo Dev

Reaction score
New member here.

My app is telling me that I have 479 miles of range per tank. I've never tested that though, as I usually fill up somewhere between half and quarter full because of my commute.

Accordx

Reaction score
Usually get about 120 miles and still have at least half a tank or more(this is with the f23 auto). Just a rough estimate though. I do mainly city driving though and I do love opening up the throttle every once and a while so that may have something to do with it lol

capsidx

Reaction score
You should get around 350 from a full tank with reggie driving. When I swapped in a manual my gas mileage suffered because my driving habits worsened lol. After I did a motor swap I was getting about 11 miles to the gallon. I dont know what the F20b will put out but apparently its supposed to be great on gas. I know they say manual cars get better gas milage but I think that driver in the manual car really needs to be driving slow and shifting to the highest gear immediately and almost always.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Last gas fill up, I got 296.3 miles and had like 1/12 or 1/16 of the gas remaining and most of the roads here has a speed limit of 45 MPH. And this is due to only city driving and one time interstate driving (still ended up with 22 MPG). I am not sure if cleaning the throttle body would improve my MPGs and increase the gas range.

Accordx

Reaction score
Cleaning the throttle body is never a bad idea. I actually ended up replacing mine from an 02 that I cleaned up (one of the cables was messed up so I couldn't hit redline when I was stepping on it). Would recommend replacing the gasket too. My gas pedal wouldn't go down unless I pushed really hard when it was cold because of all the carbon buildup. Some seafoam doesn't hurt either.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if your throttle body was like that, i wouldn't want to imagine what the egr port in the manifold is like :ugh: :lawl: 120mi/half tank sounds really bad as well.

Last edited:

datechboss101

Reaction score
Capsidx is a good friend of mine, so I am going to have him guide me to clean the throttle body and the EGR, as this is will be my first time doing this.... However, I used Seaform in the engine and fuel tank to clean some out, and recently (last summer) I replaced the Bosch Platinum spark plugs that were in my engine with NGK Irinium Spark plugs.

Picture is the link on the first post on DA:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/53-6th-generation/471490-spark-plug-analysis.html

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well my wife gets better mileage than I do, but then I do a bunch of short hops in mine. She normally goes about 330 to 350 miles per tank, while I go about 320 to 330 miles per tank. I also do a lot of city driving when I'm out and about.

On our last road trip to Texas in her car, we did a lot of highway running, and got gas about every 350 miles or so (not letting the tank drop below 1/4 tank), as gas stations can get few and far in between depending on where you're at, or whether it was time to get something to eat. We also spent 7 days running around once we got there, taking care of other business. When we got back, I ran the mileage versus the fuel burned, and we averaged 26.79 mpg for the entire trip. Keep in mind that I had the cruise on-set to 80mph, and we had the AC on the entire time as well. I felt that wasn't too bad all things considered.
I/we never let the fuel level drop below 1/4 tank, due to the fact that driving with a low fuel level like that can burn up the electric fuel pump (it doesn't cool well with less fuel). This is something I learned years ago, and still practice today. And while I can replace the pump for around a 100 bucks (dealer gets over 400 to change it), if I can keep the OE pump going, I prefer to do so.

Accordx

Reaction score
if your throttle body was like that, i wouldn't want to imagine what the egr port in the manifold is like :ugh: :lawl: 120mi/half tank sounds really bad as well.

Lol I think the 120mi/half tank (again, rough estimate considering I don't really pay attention to mpg) has more to do with my driving, EGR port was cleaned and everything right before the car fell into my hands

Last edited:
Back