Intermittent hard shift, 1-2 - 2002 I4 Accord..

F23A1AT

Reaction score
^^^ make sure you get a new crush washer from the dealership as well its like 0.30$ but it is also very cheap insurance.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ah haha.. the A4 thing for me is from a different world entirely.. in the Camaro / F-body world an A4 is short for 4 speed Automatic :) I drag race a low 11 second 97 Z28 ;)

haha sweet. must suck going from an 11 second car to something that takes 11 seconds 0-60 hahahaha. nah, its not that bad, but it might as well be, haha.

but yea, definitely change the fluid, dont do a flush.

jwong512

Reaction score
try doing a tranny flush and use honda's atf. if that doesnt fix it, check the wires and stuff... make sure they're clean without corrosion.

Are you insane? Have you lost your mind? Don't ever do a flush on a 6th Gen Accord. It will kill your transmission life DRASTICALLY. Doing a drain and fill. If your tranny fluid is brown, that's most likely causing the hard shifts. I would recommend doing a drain and fill every 10k or whenever your fluid isn't red to be safe. Our transmissions are weak and need to be well taken care of if you don't wanna spend tons of money replacing it.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yeah it's happening with mine too going from 1st-2nd (on an automatic D4 gear) during the first drive of the day or when it hasn't been driven for like 3-4 hours and engine has cooled. I try to let it warm up til normal temperature.. rev it a couple times and then go. Then it would seem to be okay.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
hmmmm, manually shifting an automatic transmission, and you check your engine for wear problems? way to double noob it up. First off stop manually shifting through your gears, secondly, drain and refill your tranny fluid, third start saving for a new transmission because yours is on the way out for good.

javiert99

Reaction score
hmmmm, manually shifting an automatic transmission, and you check your engine for wear problems? way to double noob it up. First off stop manually shifting through your gears, secondly, drain and refill your tranny fluid, third start saving for a new transmission because yours is on the way out for good.

Who are you talking to in this thread?

I don't manually shift the car, and I was just giving an idea of what maint I've performed on the car in the past....

??

Back