What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If I saw this, and I was the one selling my red coupe, I would definitely take that for sale sign out and start a little researching and part buying. :lawl:

I wouldn’t blame you. :lawl:

It says on the car that it has 209k miles on it, and that the tranny was rebuilt at 198k miles. lol

Chris, you also have the solid inner so you'd have to swap those. Otherwise, I'd totally do it. Ive propositioned people before....about car parts.

:lawl:

HAHA

Okay, so say they go for it. I scrape off their gold V6 emblem…how do I put it on mine? There would be old adhesive on my trunk from scraping off my red V6 emblem. Double sided tape? And how much would I have to take apart to get to the H emblem? Swapping the center tail section would be easy. And I wouldn't have to worry about the Accord emblem since both ours fell off. lol

I just don’t see them being cool with me tooling away at their car when they’re trying to sell it, haha. I could damage it if my hand slips or something.

Wait, what does Chris do for reverse lights? :thinking:

He leans out his window, and points a flashlight. :lawl:

I had plans for alternative reverse lights, but since I want to swap trunks it may not come to fruition.

$20 says the person wouldnt even notice the different colored emblems.

Plus, they're selling the car so what do they care? It'll be outta their hands soon anyway.

Just DO IT.

This is you:

do-it.png

Bax

Reaction score
HAHA

Okay, so say they go for it. I scrape off their gold V6 emblem…how do I put it on mine? There would be old adhesive on my trunk from scraping off my red V6 emblem. Double sided tape? And how much would I have to take apart to get to the H emblem? Swapping the center tail section would be easy. And I wouldn't have to worry about the Accord emblem since both ours fell off. lol

I just don’t see them being cool with me tooling away at their car when they’re trying to sell it, haha. I could damage it if my hand slips or something.
What do you mean by how much would you have to take apart to get to the H emblem? Like if there's screws from the inside? :thinking:
If so, there aren't any screws. It's just 2 prongs that go inside the holes and glue.
And they sell emblem adhesive at Autozone that has worked well for me in the past. You just have to press pretty hard on the emblem for a while until it starts to set.
Just bring some adhesive remover, new adhesive, a razor blade and some sort of heat gun. They shouldn't be worried at all seeing you with these things. :lawl:

He leans out his window, and points a flashlight. :lawl:

I had plans for alternative reverse lights, but since I want to swap trunks it may not come to fruition.

This seriously made me laugh out loud. :lawl:
So you have no brake lights now?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What do you mean by how much would you have to take apart to get to the H emblem? Like if there's screws from the inside? :thinking:
If so, there aren't any screws. It's just 2 prongs that go inside the holes and glue.
And they sell emblem adhesive at Autozone that has worked well for me in the past. You just have to press pretty hard on the emblem for a while until it starts to set.
Just bring some adhesive remover, new adhesive, a razor blade and some sort of heat gun. They shouldn't be worried at all seeing you with these things. :lawl:

I’ve never even looked really, lol. So you can just see the back of the H when you open the trunk?

When my Accord emblem fell off, I tried like hell to remove the remnants of adhesive. I got most of the big chunks off, but most of it is still there…just cemented on. :(

I just don’t see them going for this. If we both had chrome emblems, I wouldn’t think twice.

This seriously made me laugh out loud. :lawl:
So you have no brake lights now?

I have no reverse lights. But with the LED’s I have in the brake lights, it makes a little light. But if it’s raining and I’m reversing I can’t see ****. Even then sometimes I still open the door and look back there while reversing, lol. I had a couple good ideas to having reverse lights elsewhere, but I think when I get a trunk I’m going to go back to just using the center tail section again.

Bax

Reaction score
Who said you had to remove ALL of the old adhesive to glue on the new one? ;)
I just got off as much as I could without scratching or damaging the paint in that area, and that was always good enough to put the emblem back on and it be level like it's supposed to be. I know some people use double sided tape, but that just seems like it would make the emblem sit away from the trunk and that would bother me.
The most annoying one ever to take off and put back on for me was the Accord emblem.

Is it legal to not have reverse lights? lol

Mikey

Reaction score
Ugh....

Christopher, Christopher, Christopher....you're making it harder than it has to be buddy.

Dont **** with the emblems. AT ALL. And if you're talking about utilizing the center light bar, dont **** with it either. Worse case scenario with that, is you'll have to swap them. What's that take, 10 minutes?

Just swap lids as they sit. I HIGHLY doubt that personwill notice the difference in emblems.

Now, once you have the spoilerless trunk, with GOLD emblem, peel them off, clean up those spots and apply new, silver emblems.

Do you see what Im getting at? Dont **** with the emblems. Except the red V6 one, take that *****. Or leave it. Buy a new one. Chances are, your silver emblems are old. If not, so what. Buy more. they're cheap.

Bax

Reaction score
Or if they notice, you could just swap your front emblems too, since they're just held on by screws. It would be easier, then you could just rock golds for a while until you can buy new ones. :jae:

edit: fuck nevermind I forgot you didn't have a front H emblem...
so even better, just bring your old silver H emblem with you and give it to him. tell him the gold is tachy anyways. lol

Mikey

Reaction score
SCREW THE EMBLEMS!!!

If you tell the guy you wanna swap emblems and all that jazz, it complicates things. Just tell them, you have a spoiler; they do not. You'd like to swap trunks; it'll only take a few moments.

Done deal.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This is some hilarious ****.

Mike, I don’t think I’m enough of a jerk to just pull a fast one on someone like that. But you’re right, I was missing the point, not doing anything with emblems is the ONLY way it could work. But I’m not an ***hole. :lawl: What if the person selling it shows up an it’s a sweet old lady? :lawl:

Or even if I did do it, it could still be a guy that shows up and says…wait a minute there sport, the emblems on your car aren’t gold!? Then I have to play dumb. lol

Not doing it, end of story. The search continues… :sad:

@Tyler…
Is having no reverse lights illegal? Yes. Is having no front license plate illegal? Yes. Do I care? Not one bit. Just have to make sure I don’t back into anyone, lol. And Ohio doesn’t have these hellish inspections I’m always hearing about, thank God. Midwest ftw.

Back