Denton’s Accidental 7th Gen

Denton1000

Reaction score
So I accidentally bought a 7th gen, 4 cylinder EX sedan. Let me explain. I recently got obsessed with Copart and during the live auction today I got a little ****y. I was outbid on both cars I really wanted and started throwing random bids on cars I had already checked out. That’s when this totaled 7th gen sedna popped up. I hadn’t seen the listing before but bid a couple times so I could check it out. It looked pretty good so I figured it’d get bid up to $700ish. I was wrong. I placed my last bid of $400 and was about to leave the auction when everyone stopped bidding and I won this car that I had barely checked the pictures on and had not seen in person. After fees and everything the car was under $700 so I decided it wasn’t the worst that could happen. When I got to Copart, it wouldn’t start, nor would it jump from my 6th gen. It’s a really nice car that seems mechanically sound other than the battery so I’m happy. I’m going to try to drive it home tomorrow so I’ll keep everyone updated.
e3035fd19cc63dce440ad7ea45589785.jpg
24058bd58870dcc778d7a73498e3ed59.jpg
525bdf3d4fd1f739ea5e1ba92f8acf31.jpg
6000959263be7f4170a6b1bfde43b442.jpg
904d2cc2afe5c1a6fb61f2097d79f6eb.jpg
08a31216de923895bedd2edc8ace96cc.jpg

Denton1000

Reaction score
I picked the car up today and drove it home no problem after replacing the battery that wouldn’t charge. The car runs and drives like a dream. It’s saddening that such a perfect car would be considered a total loss.

Accordx

Reaction score
Haha jeez that's quite the story. I guess congrats on your new car, looks like the body will need a little love but since it runs that's not a bad deal

capsidx

Reaction score
Congrats on the pickup. I always like the 7th gen. Not more than the 6th gen though :lawl:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I picked the car up today and drove it home no problem after replacing the battery that wouldn’t charge. The car runs and drives like a dream. It’s saddening that such a perfect car would be considered a total loss.

Congrats on the new ride. A little love will have it looking like new, and you got it for a good price.

Denton1000

Reaction score
I agree, it was a good deal. I did some further digging than before and found that it’s a one owner car and it looks like he kept pretty good cars of it.

I got a fender and headlight today. The fender’s a little rough and doesn’t match but I figured i can replace it after my rebuild inspection.
1e41d9a98b123c2c5b38727b52869f76.jpg

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I agree, it was a good deal. I did some further digging than before and found that it’s a one owner car and it looks like he kept pretty good cars of it.

I got a fender and headlight today. The fender’s a little rough and doesn’t match but I figured i can replace it after my rebuild inspection.
1e41d9a98b123c2c5b38727b52869f76.jpg

I think I'd get some info from the state to see what really needs to be done for the rebuild inspection. Some states have different requirements, and might check a ton of stuff, while others might just check for safety equipment, and general health of the car. Irregardless, it's going to have a salvage title for the rest of it's life.
On my son's 98 Civic, we had to take the twist out of the right forward frame rail, and replace the core support, along with painting it all to match, before he could re-insure it (full coverage). He still has his normal title too, even though the insurance company totaled it (he bought it back from them).

Denton1000

Reaction score
I think I'd get some info from the state to see what really needs to be done for the rebuild inspection. Some states have different requirements, and might check a ton of stuff, while others might just check for safety equipment, and general health of the car. Irregardless, it's going to have a salvage title for the rest of it's life.

On my son's 98 Civic, we had to take the twist out of the right forward frame rail, and replace the core support, along with painting it all to match, before he could re-insure it (full coverage). He still has his normal title too, even though the insurance company totaled it (he bought it back from them).

Thanks for bringing that up, I’ll check into it more. I have heard of some states making everything be painted to match and all but I don’t think I’ve heard that about ohio. If worse comes to worse, I’ll have to pay the $55 to have it reinspected.

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Thanks for being that up, I’ll check into it more. I have heard of some states making everything be painted to match and all but I don’t think I’ve heard that about ohio. If worse comes to worse, I’ll have to pay the $55 to have it reinspected.

Well, I was just giving you a heads up. Like I said some states are pickier than others, and the more informed you are the better off you'll be. You might even be able to get the info from Ohio's DMV (or whatever they call it there) web site. :shrug:

Back