Parts to replace at this mileage??

GrubbyHonda

Reaction score
Hello I drive a 2000 accord lX ULEV vtec model.

My car has 193,XXX miles on it. I change my oil using mobil 1 full synthetic and mobil 1 filter every 3,500 miles, ngk plugs every 20K. car runs great. Last week it wouldnt start because my fuel main relay was not working, so i soldered the little circuit board and now it works again and starts fine. I replaced the brake pads and rotors on the front only around 2500 miles ago.

I was wondering what all maintenance i should do or replace now that my car is about to hit 194K.

should i replace the fuel pump, water pump, thermostat, coil and rotor on distributor even though they still work fine? or how long do this parts tend to last?

i know i should do a valve lash and timing belt and coolant flush soon. i got the car when it had 122K miles.

any advice or other things i may have missed?

car is bone stock mine and ebay short ram with injen filter.

Accordx

Reaction score
Do you know if the radiator hoses have been replaced on your car? I know it's pretty standard but for that mileage I'd hope they've been replaced. If not it's not a bad idea to replace all 3 main hoses while you flush your coolant. I had one of my hoses go and my car was out of commission for a few days.

Enne

Reaction score
If you're going to do the timing belt, you might as well do the water pump while you're at it. I think the interval for timing belt changes on the F23A4 is 70k miles. Your spark plugs should be good for about 100k, no need to replace them every 20k. I think the fuel pump is a bit tricky to do, but if you are going to do that sometime, make sure to change the fuel filter as it is inside the gas tank ("non-serviceable"), unlike some other cars where you can just take it out and replace it easily. I would leave the thermostat alone unless there's a problem. Your dizzy cap and rotor should be fine. If it has never been done to your knowledge, if/when you do those, do it next time you change your spark plugs, but that shouldn't be for a while yet.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u're supposed to replace the timing belt and water pump at 100k, so i'm guessing it's the same for 200k... might as well replace the thermostat and coolant while u're at it

GrubbyHonda

Reaction score
u're supposed to replace the timing belt and water pump at 100k, so i'm guessing it's the same for 200k... might as well replace the thermostat and coolant while u're at it

well i got the car from a good reputable dealer at 122K and i never asked if they did the timing belt. i doubt it. but i guess ill do it either way at 194K.

dawg316

Reaction score
i do timing belt/waterpumps at 100 k killometers. dont know what that is in miles. while your in the timing cover i always sugest to change the idles / tensioner that the belt rides on aswell.

with the coolant already drained when your doing the waterpump its a good idea to do the thermostat aswell. double check the smaller coolant hose thats under the distributor. that always seems to swell from oil ( leaking from under distributor or vtec solonids) and replace if need me.

i always keep a spare main relay in the car aswell. get a good brand becuase i had issues of getting 4 back to back to back deffective main relays from a cheaper company in the past before.

besides a timing belt and a main relay. aint nothing else gonna killa honda.

.... bessides the distrbutor internals ( coil , ICM inside the dizy) but thats a whole diffrent story

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Jeez what the hell have you done to that car?? It's pulling like a mad cow. I love that sound of the intake sucking in air.

Back