dbruskla's 1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6 (56k)

dbruskla

Reaction score
Current State:
Engine/ Performance:
- Original J30A1 Motor @ 151k

Engine Bay:
- CL-s Battery Cover

Suspension:
- CL-s/TL-s Front Strut Bar (Installed 1/26/16)
- CL-s 19mm Rear Sway Bar and endlinks (Installed in Summer 2016)

Exterior:
- Type R Grill (Installed 5/2/15)
- 25% Tint

Future Plans:

Engine/ Performance:
- Rebuild Transmission or 6 speed swap if I can find the parts

Exterior:
- EVENTUALLY Repaint with Stock Dark Emerald Pearl

Last edited:

dbruskla

Reaction score
Thanks man! and yea actually, it made a good impact on the gas mileage went from about 17 city to about 19 (spirited driving), and it seems to have a bit more power, definitely worth the time to remove it

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Looks good to see black interior in a DEP. Also surprising you found one without paint fade like mine when I got mine

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home. Always nice to see WA members joining here. What part of WA are you from?

For some reasons, I thought DEP 6gens come with ivory interior. Really envying your heated seats..

Car's looking very fresh! Your future plans seem like you've been researching quite a bit!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks like you've done your research with those future plans! That's cool your car is from Canada, great starting platform.

If your motor/trans mounts have been busted since 87k miles...isn't that making the car miserable to drive?

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Nice find! I wish they included nice features like heated seats and mirrors on the USDM 6GAs. Instead, we're consigned to building those ourselves!

Do you know the story of why a CDM Accord has a USDM gauge cluster? I see your speedo reads in MPH and the Brake warning lamp is the US style. (I think the CDM light looks sorta like this - ("!") )

Last edited:

dbruskla

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home. Always nice to see WA members joining here. What part of WA are you from?

For some reasons, I thought DEP 6gens come with ivory interior. Really envying your heated seats..

Car's looking very fresh! Your future plans seem like you've been researching quite a bit!

I am from the greater Seattle area

And yes I thought so too, and when I went in to the honda dealership I asked if the interior was stock, or if it had been repainted. He said that the Canadian model had the option for the dark interior and DEP

Back