mods

lifelongbread

Reaction score
how do you guys afford to mod your car...? im moving out soon and iv gone over my budget over and over and i cant find any spare money to mod my car..... even if i did i work 30 minutes away from home and id be worried that if i start modding it to much that one day i will walk out to my car to go to work and it wont work..... does anybody else have this problem?

acedomain

Reaction score
umm yea ..... thats life bro....this why i dont have an h or k series in my car by now :squintrun:lol ....you need to find ways of cutting down your expenses....another thing is you can buy stuff to mod your car and put it to the side and just hold on to it until your ready to mod it ....that or just get a better job or go back to school and dont move out

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It's about priorities, which is why more isn't done to my car.

As we get older, we have more priorities/responsibilities.

For me, things like school loans, home ownership/renovations.

Doesn't help that I am not working as much as I was, but as priorities change, some things become lower on the 'list'. Modding a car, for me, is not as high as I would like it to be....for the time being.....I try to do little things every now and then, but eventually, everything works out.

Work, save and get 'er done as you're able!

acedomain

Reaction score

Doesn't help that I am not working as much as I was, but as priorities change, some things become lower on the 'list'. Modding a car, for me, is not as high as I would like it to be....for the time being.....I try to do little things every now and then, but eventually, everything works out.

he is right on the money ....i work save and try to do what ever it is im trying to do to my car....and i always check craigslist and stuff for deals on things i want or need for my car ....i also try to do as much labor that i knw how to do on my car as possible(repairs and such) .....

nyknick1015

Reaction score
if u want to mod your car, i would suggest with small mods that wont actually harm the car... Intake, headers, and exhaust are usually the basics that i dont think will harm your car and you can get these for not much now days. its also about being smart too... a $180 aem intake has the same increase as a $25 K&N filter with $12 ebay intake pipes... you can cut corners in some places but dont cut corners everywhere

to get my car how it was when i was finished with it took me about 2 years so as you can see it takes time and patience... and my car wasnt even that nice

eggs

Reaction score
seems like the ans to this is to just be patient and do things little by little i mean thats what i do i have owned my car for almost 2 years and dont have a crazy amount done

GCv6accorD

Reaction score
modding is expensive... :eusa_doh: but there are web sites and stores that sell cheap after market parts... u just gotta research before u purchase....

lwlba

Reaction score

dead on, buddy.

that, or what i like to do is actually set aside a piggy bank. sounds silly, but it works for me.

Back