L.E.D. Headlights

J30MAN

Reaction score
You're not gonna get the others installed, because you'll grab a lawnchair and a beer, and just sit in front of your car watching the blinkers. Forever.

lol. While i was putting my bumper and re-connecting my fog light wires I had my hazards on the whole time glancing at them every once in a while. It awesome haha.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Well....got the high beams in today, there very dim but im over it, not enough money spent to get pissy about. I am assuming the fog bulbs will be the same. Ill just have to get regular yellow halogens next, nbd.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to take a vid of the L.E.D. turning tignals. Ill try to tonite, but I'm going to a stag so I'll probably do it sunday night. If not I will do it for sure here

Volo

Reaction score
I want to switch my halogen high beam bulbs into LEDs, because I have this ugly yellow colour on my high beams.
The question is: what would be a better choice for LED bulbs with high output/lumens and white/blueish colour?
Or any other options/recommendations are much appreciated!
Thanks, guys!

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I want to switch my halogen high beam bulbs into LEDs, because I have this ugly yellow colour on my high beams.
The question is: what would be a better choice for LED bulbs with high output/lumens and white/blueish colour?
Or any other options/recommendations are much appreciated!
Thanks, guys!

A high lumen output means you'll have a brighter headlight. I'm not sure if it's the same with LEDs but I know that for HIDs....the bluer the light went, the lower the output was. An example of this would be a 5k HID bulb having more output over a 8k bulb.

Ultimately the high beams in these cars are reflector housings so to get the most utility out of an LED upgrade you'd need a projector retrofit. So in your cae I'd just buy whatever color LED you want rather than worrying about lumen count

Volo

Reaction score
Hmmm.. here is another thing I figured: so high beams on coupe is also an DLR. I guess when DLR is running, the halogen bulbs are dimmed, and when you turn the high beams - they are brighter.
LED bulbs are not dimmable. Does it mean LED bulbs will not work on coupes for high beams in our case?
If not, any other options for the high beam bulbs?
In my case, I just want to get a white/blue'ish colour for my high beams, but not this ugly yellow halogen lights :eusa_wall:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Hmmm.. here is another thing I figured: so high beams on coupe is also an DLR. I guess when DLR is running, the halogen bulbs are dimmed, and when you turn the high beams - they are brighter.
LED bulbs are not dimmable. Does it mean LED bulbs will not work on coupes for high beams in our case?
If not, any other options for the high beam bulbs?
In my case, I just want to get a white/blue'ish colour for my high beams, but not this ugly yellow halogen lights :eusa_wall:

Just saw that you're Canadian... I think the Canadian spec accords had the DRL. LEDs should still work but you might have to run a different harness that supports them. I know for my 08 TL-S that comes with halogen DRLs you need to purchase a LED DRL Decoder module in order to run LED lights. I'd buy any 9005 led decoder module and see if it works.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/products/led-drl-decoder

Back