Retrofit Club

angelplus

Reaction score
xi0utlawstarix said:
Does anybody have their low beam bulb shield (the plastic cover in front of the bulb) laying around and willing to donate to me?

Sorry, dont have it, GL finding one

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Here are some quick shots i took... :D

P8216308.jpg

P8246313.jpg

P8216300.jpg

Bad picture but you get the idea..i love the output...

P8216304.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yay my car died on me this morning...thankfully my friend hadn't left the apartment so i rode with him...would the retro have anything to do with this?? i don't remember leaving a light on inside...it poored down last night so did it short out a ballast or something?

angelplus

Reaction score
Yeah looks good.

I dont know, my car died the other day, and then tried 15 minutes later and my car turned on... So then I went down to Autozone to check out my battery, and they said that it was 100% AOK, so I was like hmm... so the guy checked the altenator, and thats not bad. So I know know whats wrong with my accord. I'm sending it in this week if I find time.

But maybe you're having the problem that we both could relate to. And I highly doubt that you would have any problems even if you did short your ballasts. If they weren't turned on, then you shouldn't have a problem. It also depends on your ballast locations. Mine are directly under the headlight, so that no water can get in.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Yeah my ballasts are in the same location...I went to Oreilys...closest place...he said the battery was fine...but my altenator was giving out low amps...ballasts should be fine..they still worked, the projectors...what was your problem??

i don't want to spend over $200 to fix the altenator...i think i might just pray that tom it will work...

angelplus

Reaction score
I really dont know. I haven't found out. It would crank and nothing would happen, so I obviously had enough energy to crank. BUt something else was wrong. I'm going to find out here soon though.

But what I was thinking is that its almost impossible for you to short out your ballasts unless you didn't have them on fuses. Other then that, it must be your altenator. When the guy tested mine, it was fine. So I really dont know whats up.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah i think it was my alternator or so that is what i was told today...he said my battery was fine...just needed to be charged...he said the alternator is only giving out 25 amps when stock is like 75 i believe....so i bought some jumper cables just in case for tom morning...i hope i won't have to use them though..I guess my alternator just was getting old and took to much of a beating of the past few years..or maybe the battery just needed to be charged... :D

angelplus

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Yeah i think it was my alternator or so that is what i was told today...he said my battery was fine...just needed to be charged...he said the alternator is only giving out 25 amps when stock is like 75 i believe....so i bought some jumper cables just in case for tom morning...i hope i won't have to use them though..I guess my alternator just was getting old and took to much of a beating of the past few years..or maybe the battery just needed to be charged... :D

Yeah, good thing you found your problem. I still have to find mine ;)

Back