New member from TN

scorpion27

Reaction score
Well my name is John and I'm back into the world of 6th gen Accords! I've had 3 of them so far, a 98 sedan, and two 00 coupes. They have all been 4 cylinders and green lol. I traded in my 2nd gen Supra for this car and got a pretty good deal on it. Two days after I bought the car the window fell down inside the door because I guess the regulator broke. Got that fixed then about a week later I had to replace the front brakes and rotors due to noticeable vibrations while braking. I still need to get a new light for the clock and get the wheels balanced and an alignment. Yesterday the car started while I was leaving work then it idled down and died and wouldn't start for about 10 minutes. Not sure why it did that. We could hear the fuel pump and the ignition seemed fine....Anyway other than those few things the car is in pretty good shape. It has 125k miles on it and it is an EX. The dealer had the invoice from where they had the transmission replaced already and it seems to shift fairly smooth. Well that's about it!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site man. I'm currently having starting problems so I feel your pain. My car wouldn't start for a few minutes two weeks ago. Then last week it took 10 minutes to start...but haven't had any problems since. Not sure if the starter gear has a bad spot and I'll have the same problem in a few months or what. But the fuel pump is good and the car has been starting great for a week so not sure what it is.

haha anyway, welcome!

ActNow

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA, sorry to hear that your car is giving you problems. All can be fixed:thumbsup:

widebody

Reaction score
hi, my name is kriss and i'm a new member of the 6th gen. i have a 1999 honda accord lx with widebody kit and a few upgrades. i want to put in the h22 motor and tranny to give me a little more speed to my ride. right now the color of the car is baby blue but i want to paint it the civic si blue.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^you uhh...might wanna start your own thread to intro yourself. haha it's cool, just make a new one for yourself instead of taking over this guy's. btw welcome.

scorpion27

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I haven't had the no start problem since it happened that once. I did some research and I'm thinking maybe it was one of the thermostat sensors because it was unbelievably hot that day and after the hood was open to cool for a little bit it started right up! As far as modding the car.....if I do, I probably won't change much about it. I modded the last one I had and did pretty much everything other than internals or headwork. I'm just happy to have another one that's still fairly nice and clean.

Back