DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
After reading through all of this and doing some research myself, I don't see why you coukldnt just swap the hubs instead of buying the knuckles/spindles. The only ****ty part is that they're press in but its nothing a 20 ton press can't handle, and you can put in new wheel bearings while you're at it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
After reading through all of this and doing some research myself, I don't see why you coukldnt just swap the hubs instead of buying the knuckles/spindles. The only ****ty part is that they're press in but its nothing a 20 ton press can't handle, and you can put in new wheel bearings while you're at it.

no one said you couldnt. people with lx's need to swap out at least the rear knuckles, since they're different between lx and ex. personally, id rather swap out all the knuckles to make it easier and so I could replace the bearings easily.

CHID0

Reaction score
Are the caliper brackets on the knuckles and spindles different on the 4 banger vs the v6? I'm considering just swapping the hubs. You can get fresh hubs (rear as far as i know) for about 85 a pop with bearings and studs. Not sure about the front though....

Last edited:

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Are the caliper brackets on the knuckles and spindles different on the 4 banger vs the v6? I'm considering just swapping the hubs. You can get fresh hubs (rear as far as i know) for about 85 a pop with bearings and studs. Not sure about the front though....

Fronts are about 45 a piece.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

yeah, i think the v6 rears and the i4 disc rears are the same, and the fronts are all the same front knucle, because i could just swap my front hubs out with the v6 ones, and everything will fit fine.

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
yeah, i think the v6 rears and the i4 disc rears are the same, and the fronts are all the same front knucle, because i could just swap my front hubs out with the v6 ones, and everything will fit fine.

if you have disc's in i4 all you need is rear hub and disc from a v6 ... as far as the front i can't say for sure because i bought it complete with the knuckles ... but part numbers for the knuckles on v6 and i4 are the same at HondaAutomotiveParts.com aka majestic honda

Back