Manual Climate Control Help!

WaitDontSh00t

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I got around to replacing most of my interior with LEDs. I finally got to the manual climate control, replaced those...but they do not look good at all! Can somebody help me out? Here is a pic of my issue:

Nevermind...it wont let me post a link because I'm a new member...(So just remove the spaces from the link below lol)

http: // imgur. com/ C2t6jyO

As you can see the lighting is uneven, there are dark spots, and the heater knob isn't even lighting up now! Did I do something wrong? What should I do to make this look better? Please help me out! If you can point me to the right direction, or give me any suggestions I would TRULY appreciate it, as I am stumped! I used white LEDs by the way if that makes a difference.

Jakester

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I got around to replacing most of my interior with LEDs. I finally got to the manual climate control, replaced those...but they do not look good at all! Can somebody help me out? Here is a pic of my issue:

Nevermind...it wont let me post a link because I'm a new member...(So just remove the spaces from the link below lol)

http: // imgur. com/ C2t6jyO

As you can see the lighting is uneven, there are dark spots, and the heater knob isn't even lighting up now! Did I do something wrong? What should I do to make this look better? Please help me out! If you can point me to the right direction, or give me any suggestions I would TRULY appreciate it, as I am stumped! I used white LEDs by the way if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure, but I fixed the pic.

MEY9HsW.jpg

WaitDontSh00t

Reaction score
Which LEDs did you use?
Did you add any foil to the knobs to even out the spread of light?

I just bought some LEDs off of amazon. I cant put a link because I'm a new member though..and what is that foil thing anyways? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find anything for the manual climate control.

Problems:
-Fan speed Knob lighting is uneven
-Heater Knob is not lighting up at all
-All buttons are uneven lighting

:(

WaitDontSh00t

Reaction score
Those links you posted all have to deal with soldering? I didn't solder anything, I just replaced the stock twist bulbs with led twist bulbs. When I did this....all the lighting is now uneven like I said and some things aren't even lighting up. I could try foil for the fan speed but idk what to do with everything else..

001Stunna

Reaction score
Those links you posted all have to deal with soldering? I didn't solder anything, I just replaced the stock twist bulbs with led twist bulbs. When I did this....all the lighting is now uneven like I said and some things aren't even lighting up. I could try foil for the fan speed but idk what to do with everything else..

You asked what the foil was and that you could not find it and i showed you what it was.

If you use the right leds and the foil trick you should have a pretty good outcome.

WaitDontSh00t

Reaction score
You asked what the foil was and that you could not find it and i showed you what it was.

If you use the right leds and the foil trick you should have a pretty good outcome.

I see that, sorry I misunderstood. Now I understand that will help for the lighting with the fan speed knob..As far as the buttons and heater knob go though, is there nothing I can do with those?

Back