98 accord 2.3 exhaust

accordin'dc

Reaction score
Ok...here goes...

Searches lead me to advice about v6 accords most of the time...

So I have a 98 accord EX sedan 2.3 ulev. I decided to change the exhaust note...as I know this isn't really going to be a fast car and I won't notice much hp increase being it's a ulev. So after researching I decided on MagnaFlow 14832, keeping the single exhaust. I needed a new cat so I went with a test pipe to the stock resonator then to the MagnaFlow . After a couple of days I decided it was too quiet. So I went back and had the resonator removed and replaced with straight pipe (yes even after reading that it would become ricer sounding.) Well now, guess what...it's too loud. The drone isn't bad to me...i can handle that...but acceleration sound from a stop is too loud for me.

So I need a resonator that will quiet it back down some but not make it completely quiet like it was with the stock resonator.

What do you i4 owners suggest? Thanks !

xci.ed6

Reaction score
what's length?

But you can't hope for a 'perfect' sound from stock piping. It's either silent, like I like, or really f'n loud, or not working.

619rcr

Reaction score
A 24" glasspack can be fitted inplace of the straight section. The sound should be quieter, and less ricey. Check summit or jegs, they have basic ones for like $25 or $30

accordin'dc

Reaction score
what's length?

But you can't hope for a 'perfect' sound from stock piping. It's either silent, like I like, or really f'n loud, or not working.

Do you mean what length will fit under there?

And yes, so far Ive had the silent, then the really loud. I like to hear sound but not deafening sound lol!

And the only thing I would be concerned about with glasspacks are how long they will last.

619rcr

Reaction score
I've had several glasspacks on different cars throughout the years for different reasons. the only problem I ever had was when my car was too low and I went over a speed bump too fast and bottomed out right on the glasspack. shortly thereafter the inside started rattling. If you don't have any clearance issues now, you should be fine.
I currently have 3" mandrel bent piping kit made specifically for a 6th gen from truebendz (ebay). It was a really nice kit, but I was afraid it would be too loud. So, I purchased a 24"x3" glasspack from summit and had it welded into the straight section of pipe, right after the CAT.

accordin'dc

Reaction score
I've had several glasspacks on different cars throughout the years for different reasons. the only problem I ever had was when my car was too low and I went over a speed bump too fast and bottomed out right on the glasspack. shortly thereafter the inside started rattling. If you don't have any clearance issues now, you should be fine.
I currently have 3" mandrel bent piping kit made specifically for a 6th gen from truebendz (ebay). It was a really nice kit, but I was afraid it would be too loud. So, I purchased a 24"x3" glasspack from summit and had it welded into the straight section of pipe, right after the CAT.

So how loud is it?
I think I'm leaning towards getting a glasspack and trying it out. For the price, its very reasonable and it it only lasts a year and starts getting loud again, I will figure something else out.

I should be fine as far as clearance....I'm not super low...just on Tein Springs and boat mod lol!

accordin'dc

Reaction score
Just an update........

Got a 31" glasspack installed and made it perfect for me!

So I have---> test pipe...glasspack...straightpipe to the muffler...magnaflow muffler.

The sound isnt loud at all but a nice deep tone, just what I was looking for!

Thanks all for the help!

Back