Coolant Resivour backfilling

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Check to make sure your fluids are not mixing internally.. Coolant/Oil. They may not be burning out exhaust and causing a maple smell such as coolant would, however if there is a seal/gasket issue they can mix, additionally the problem can cause a pressure disbalance internally which will cause what you are seeing with the coolant overflow reservoir. This is what happened in an RX-7 I used to own, even though the engine was different (rotary versus piston), I believe the principles of faulty seals/gaskets are still the same.

james'99

Reaction score
The idle air control valve. located on the rear of the upper half of the intake manifold close to the throttle body.

bocas0225

Reaction score
Space I burped it pretty well.... I let a lot of coolant out the bleeder valve when I burped it just to make sure there was no air still coming out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Let it cool, take the cap off, top off radiator, start the car, watch the coolant in the radiator. You are looking for an occasional bubble, if you go a while with nothing then there's no pressure escaping into the coolant system. Oh and don't lean over it in case it starts to boil or something, its never boiled on me, just be safe. There's no cap keeping pressure in the system anyway, that's why you're looking for a bubble. Something is putting pressure in and it will escape out the hole. Also, may I ask why you replaced everything? Did it overheat? I'm assuming the worst, it's a blown head gasket or somethings warped. The car might run fine and it can still be blown. I know, the last accord I fixed ran like a top and it was still blown. Coolant in the oil, exhaust in the coolant, rough start in the winter, and it happened because it overheated.

Back