Hey everyone

Josh H.

Reaction score
New to the forum and 6g accords in general, but have been involved in the car scene for years. Probably going to be picking up a 2000 V6 car tomorrow! Sadly the car is an auto though :( lol.. to be honest i always hated the body style however after stumbling upon this forum and checking out some of the member rides i see when done right they are clean cars and are really growing on me! plans for the car when i get it are going to be just basic stuff which ill list out below!

Exterior
OEM lip kit
OEM fogs or EP3 fogs as ive heard they will fit as well
wheels (thinking about Avid AV-50's)
HID's
Suspension
Coilovers (unsure of brand, input would be appreciated!)
Larger sway bars and other general susp. mods in the future

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I thought I read sedan for some reason. Must've been really tired from working 11 hours yesterday lol. Good luck with your car and hopefully you get it.

rooky

Reaction score
Welcome, I have a sedan too Josh with the ULEV engine which most ricers discredits. But mines boosted and rolling on yonaka coilovers with 5th gen rear upper strut brace and 6th gen lower rear and front upper strut brace also. 23mm anti roll kit from Eibach front and back with thicker bushing. I would upload picture but I'm new so i cant post any link or photo of my ride yet. But for you to enhance your car first thing is to do some research and don't buy parts based on what people say because most time they don't tell you about slight modification required.

Josh H.

Reaction score
Welcome, I have a sedan too Josh with the ULEV engine which most ricers discredits. But mines boosted and rolling on yonaka coilovers with 5th gen rear upper strut brace and 6th gen lower rear and front upper strut brace also. 23mm anti roll kit from Eibach front and back with thicker bushing. I would upload picture but I'm new so i cant post any link or photo of my ride yet. But for you to enhance your car first thing is to do some research and don't buy parts based on what people say because most time they don't tell you about slight modification required.

Right ive several modded cars, just new to this particular platform. Im looking into future upgrades, one thing i would love is a j32 swap and 6 speed trans. I need to research more of the 3.0 the coupes came with though for sure as im more keen on k series and under honda motors lol. Ill be uploading a pic soon when i get home.

Right now though im mainly concerned about finding the best cost effective coilover setup as i would rather not pay close to 1000 for some of the ones ive came across, honestly they are lil too hard core for my needs as its just a DD and i dont need all the adjustability they have.

rooky

Reaction score
Josh not to be a *** but bigger isn't better sometimes because gunning a v6 engine which tops out at 200 hp stock. The cost behind swapping the auto for a 6 speed runs in the 3 grand bracket for a good swap that's not gonna throw a CEL. As for a k series motor in a accord is a waste of time due to weight issue. Our accord whether sedan or coupe curb weight is 2,943 to 3,285 lbs pounds, the civic weighs 200LB less. Also more torque would be needed to pull around the accord which will result in power loss. IE. K20 makes 220 whp modified, 2000 Honda accord again weighs 2943LB so we would see 160 whp if fitted in the accord.

Josh H.

Reaction score
Josh not to be a *** but bigger isn't better sometimes because gunning a v6 engine which tops out at 200 hp stock. The cost behind swapping the auto for a 6 speed runs in the 3 grand bracket for a good swap that's not gonna throw a CEL. As for a k series motor in a accord is a waste of time due to weight issue. Our accord whether sedan or coupe curb weight is 2,943 to 3,285 lbs pounds, the civic weighs 200LB less. Also more torque would be needed to pull around the accord which will result in power loss. IE. K20 makes 220 whp modified, 2000 Honda accord again weighs 2943LB so we would see 160 whp if fitted in the accord.

i wasnt talking about swapping a k series into my car, i was just saying i know more about d, b, h and k series motors since ive never messed with a honda v6 before. Ive owned several other honda that were modded...just never messed with a v6. also the cost of swapping he motor to a j32 and a 6 speed really isnt an iusse for me as ill be saving money for the mods...a motor and trans swap will be in the future, not any time soon. as of now im more concerned about making the car more visually appealing, since money spent on performance mods would be a waste due to the auto trans.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Swapping the V6 to manual, even staying with the J30, is the best performance mod you can do. I rode in a J30 6MT coupe and it was still a completely different car. I would recommend going with one of the LSD 6MT's though, sometimes I regret I didn't.

How much are you wanting to drop the car?

Josh H.

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Swapping the V6 to manual, even staying with the J30, is the best performance mod you can do. I rode in a J30 6MT coupe and it was still a completely different car. I would recommend going with one of the LSD 6MT's though, sometimes I regret I didn't.

How much are you wanting to drop the car?

thanks!

uhh im wanting to drop it around 2 inches. ive been looking into stuff about the trans swap and just the trans swap would be the most cost effective way to increase the performance. Ive also been trying to find the best width of tire/wheel to run on the car without having to run a lot of neg. camber to fit it under the car as im not a huge fan of the crazy camber, im wanting ta very, very slight amount of neg camber. i tried posting pic but i have to be a member for 7 days before it will let me haha.

Back