Possessed Trunk?

LouisLV_

Reaction score
I thought the keys in my pocket might have caused this when it happened to me yesterday. Now im starting to think this may be an issue for me as well. I have a 2000 EX coupe too.

I walk home from my day job a few blocks away. As im approaching my building I see the trunk open!! :confused: since I was glued to my phone as I was walking im not sure if it JUST happened as I approached the car, or if its been open for a while. Ive had the car almost a month now and this is the first time its happened.

EJB

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this issue? I have a 98 EX Sedan which started doing the possessed trunk thing a couple of weeks back and it got so ridiculous I disconnected the actuator relay this morning after it did it again. I think that will put the problem to rest, though I'd like to actually fix it... but I'm not sure what to fix. Never happened while driving. This hasn't been a case of an accidental pressing of the key fob. Doors have never come unlocked on their own... though alarm has gone off once or twice in last few months for seemingly no reason. I'm wondering if anyone solved this trunk puzzle, and if there is an actual fix. Is it the actuator, the alarm/security system, something else? Picking up a signal from someone else's key fob? Car just effing with me after 270K? Thanks in advance.

Robertl

Reaction score
Take the guy out of the trunk at night so he will stop escaping lol. Na I'll check that latch. Throw some wd on it if ya have to and make sure its properly seated. Slam it shut and pull up ob it to nake sure the latch holds had a similar problen with my civic I had to I bolt the latch, put latch on trunk and have my wife hold it shut than I had to crawl through back seat and bolt it down usibg a wrench

Back