Patrick_Hibbitt's 2000 Accord SE Sedan

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Loving the work you put into it, I hope to see this beauty at CAM this year!

Gmoney

Reaction score
how hard was it to dip your car white I have been thinking about this since my paint is a little sun faded

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
how hard was it to dip your car white I have been thinking about this since my paint is a little sun faded
Shouldn't be that hard. I've heard of people who use plasti dip for the first time say that it covers a bit weird. Just don't use spray cans. Invest in a spray gun and buy the gallons of the stuff-
dipyourcar(dot)com is where you can buy the gallons. They also have a pro-car kit that you can build with spray gun, colors, and other stuff.

Gmoney

Reaction score
i did some research yesterday found some people on youtube that used the cans with the grip on them and it looked like it came out pretty good, also got in contact with this shop to see how much it would cost to get it dipped by pros assuming it wont cost as much as a paint job. the sprayer looks good but too much money considering i don't know how its going to turn out

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
i did some research yesterday found some people on youtube that used the cans with the grip on them and it looked like it came out pretty good, also got in contact with this shop to see how much it would cost to get it dipped by pros assuming it wont cost as much as a paint job. the sprayer looks good but too much money considering i don't know how its going to turn out
You can do it yourself. Don't waste money to get it done lots of people do it themselves. How much did the shop want to charge you?

iReno

Reaction score
did you have to do much rolling/pulling for the rears to sit how they are? look really good. I'm about to get some wheels with the same dimensions and want to know what I'm getting myself into haha.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
did you have to do much rolling/pulling for the rears to sit how they are? look really good. I'm about to get some wheels with the same dimensions and want to know what I'm getting myself into haha.
More roll than pull but only a little pull and you'll be good.:thumbsup:

danmccormick87

Reaction score
If you use the cans, do like gmoney suggested and get a spray can handle, as it'll be so much easier and allow for smooth, even coats. Just don't cheap out though, get the quality handle, and it'll make things easier. The biggest upside to getting the sprayer and kit is that it'd be easier to measure and you'd know how much precisely to get to cover your car.

Patrick_Hibbitt

Reaction score
Forgot to ask... Did you relocate your bumper tabs?

i did have to in the back, but what i did was just cut them off and grind them down with a dremel came out very clean and looks almost oem.

more roll than pull like he said. the only part that was hard at first was where the quarter panel and bumper come together it was rubbing pretty bad, but fixed it.

it is not hard just takes patience and i used the kit.

Loving the work you put into it, I hope to see this beauty at CAM this year!

what is CAM? i would love to go!

Back