Tra.Xenon's '98 J30 Sedan

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Looks like a solid start! Check in with the Nor Cal social group we get together from time to time. I'm in Fair Oaks these days so let me know if you need anything. Got mad local hookups.

Varnell

Reaction score
Well it kinda has to come as an auto since its a V6....

And Tein's don't go low to begin with.

Of course, and that's why I opted for an i4. And what I meant about the Teins is that mine are barely low enough for my liking, so losing half an inch for the v6 wouldn't be worth the purchase. Unless the V6's come lower stock, but I don't think that's the case.

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
This. I don't see too many LX V6s, especially coupes, but they're out there.

Tra, it looks like a good base to start with and your plans sound good.

Like the direction you have in mind

Like others. I like the plans you have for this car. You have a V6, if your concerned about adding power to your car or just want the car to be less boring to drive I would suggest starting with a 6_speed manual swap from a TL/CL or the 7th gen accord. Nowadays the swap is much cheaper to pull off and if you uze the Accord tranny and do the swap yourself, it can be done for under 2 grand.

Good luck man.

Thanks, guys. I have some bolt on mods in mind. I don't plan on doing anything major, SRI, full exhaust, ignition stuff, cam grinds(maybe), 7th or 8th gen intake manifolds. Still putting together ideas.

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
Of course, and that's why I opted for an i4. And what I meant about the Teins is that mine are barely low enough for my liking, so losing half an inch for the v6 wouldn't be worth the purchase. Unless the V6's come lower stock, but I don't think that's the case.

V6's are heavier. The sedan v6 being the heaviest of them all.... You do the math on ride height

Gotcha, given they have the same spring rate.

Yeah, I'm gonna do some more research, before I buy coilovers. I have a couple ideas of brands and sets in mind.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Very nice plain canvas to start with, and your future plans seem like you've been investigating well in the direction that most ppl are in favor of.

I have Tein Street Advance. I'm absolutely loving them tho.

"VTEC by birth,..." I like that. :)

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
Very nice plain canvas to start with, and your future plans seem like you've been investigating well in the direction that most ppl are in favor of.

I have Tein Street Advance. I'm absolutely loving them tho.

"VTEC by birth,..." I like that. :)

Yeah, it definitely is clean. I'm excited to start on it. I was looking at the Tein Advances, but I kept looking and found a bunch of others I like. I'm very indecisive. Haha I'm sure I'll go through a few sets to see what I like.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I see. I feel ya, b/c I'm super indecisive sometimes. Gl w/ the further investigations, and that's the fun part about it as well. ;)

Back