Tra.Xenon's '98 J30 Sedan

juicebox00

Reaction score
Went into my local exhaust shop today, talked to the owner, super cool guy. Talked to him about getting a custom cat-back made. Gonna delete the third muffler and the resonator. 2.5" piping to they-pipe, then 2.25 to each Skunk2 muffler. Also having him put flanges in the same place as the OEM ones, so if need be, I can bolt them back in place. Gonna get a custom test pipe made, also. All for under $200, given I supply my own mufflers.

Go to a single muffler and get an oval style, not a N-1 coffee can. Trust me, it will look better.

This: Magnaflow 14829 or this: Magnaflow 14832.

That will be the least "rice" looking setup you could go with. You will also save from having to buy 2 mufflers.

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
So right now my dilemma is whether to do 2.5" piping to the y-pipe then 2.25" to dual mufflers, or to do 3" piping from the cat back to a single muffler. Anyone have any preference/experience with this? I am also on the fence about muffler. I want either Greddy RS or Skunk2. Thoughts and opinions? And yes, I have done plenty if research and Youtubeing of different exhausts. Lol

Update: Decided upon Skunk2, I think they sound way better on the V6 cars.

I've decided on the 3" to a 3" Skunk2 muffler. I'm also buying my intake at the same time. Should be ordering everything at the end of next week.

If you plan on doing this, just buy my exhaust. 3" piping split to 2.5" to the mufflers. Mufflers are BBP, but they'll look and perform no different that Skunk2. Piping in mandrel bent, not crunch bent. Or get 2.5" all the way down with a single muffler.

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
Go to a single muffler and get an oval style, not a N-1 coffee can. Trust me, it will look better.

This: Magnaflow 14829 or this: Magnaflow 14832.

That will be the least "rice" looking setup you could go with. You will also save from having to buy 2 mufflers.

If you plan on doing this, just buy my exhaust. 3" piping split to 2.5" to the mufflers. Mufflers are BBP, but they'll look and perform no different that Skunk2. Piping in mandrel bent, not crunch bent. Or get 2.5" all the way down with a single muffler.

I actually prefer the cannon. There is nothing wrong with them, but the image that they have developed over the years. I am biased to the Skunk2 set up. Single 3".

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
I've heard Flowmasters, Magnaflows, etc. on V6s and I just don't like it. I like the sound of the Skunk2s. Plus, I like the look better than the rolled tips.

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
Both the SRI and muffler shipped out today! I went into the exhaust shop and talked to the owner again. $80 for the 3" to the muffler, $140 with the flanged straight pipe he is gonna make once it's all set up. With a tip. ****ing excited!

Back