Clean and simple 99 accord ex

mcruzado10

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Bought a 99 accord ex sedan a few months back. It has 263,000 miles and the paint is badly faded as you'll see in the pictures. I only paid $1000 for it so all things considered I think it's a decent buy. Well I don't know much about the car but it's a Honda and I wanted something reliable for work. I've been slowly getting things fixed that it needs before winter kicks in. My buddy's a Honda guru so he's been doing all the work for me. Anyways I just ordered some d2 racing rs coils and wanna buy the coilovers covers from one of the posts I saw here. I was gonna wait till after winter to buy but given this is my daily and I hate feeling like I'm driving in a low rider it's bouncing like crazy. I wanna lower it about 2 inches and I know it'll have some bumpiness but nothing like my blown shocks now so I'm Gd lol. I also got 17x7's from my other car that I'm gonna throw on too since my tires are pretty shot as well. As far as paint goes I'm gonna dip it the mocha brown pearl from dyc and probably dip my wheels black to help protect in winter. I'm not gonna go crazy with this but I always gotta do something with my cars. As it stands I'm gonna get the type r front lip, 20% tint all around, ddm tuning 6k hid's and upgrade to a double din head unit and speakers since the speakers are shot as well. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated guys. Thx in advance
bddf32aad1940ef72616dd4d9f753a0a.jpg
1ef305d3e0e733a64f52c23d246a2d55.jpg
8a737597b796e8a132a8fabad2bb421b.jpg
85fa78447a82ae755d997ad19a8bb140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
It is clean, don't let the paint depress you because when I got mine it had no paint but a lot of rust.

mcruzado10

Reaction score
Lol yea def not depressed. I'm looking at it as a clean slate. I want this to last so gonna just clean it up. The guy I got it from was the original owner so I'm def doing my best just to take care of her

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wonder if that car was ever waxed in its life lol. Welcome to the site, and looking forward to the new look you're going for.

mcruzado10

Reaction score
Yea I wondered the same thing but aside from the paint the engine runs strong. I want this to last so if the engine goes I'll be doing the f20b or h23a swap but until then I'm Gd. About 2 weeks ago I hit a deer on the way home from work so I need new fenders. Sucks but glad it wasn't worse. I'm not going crazy just like my title clean and simple all the way

Last edited:

mcruzado10

Reaction score
Well my new distributor came in so hopefully that'll get rid of that dumb cel code. Also d2 coils should be arriving on Monday and also just ordered 9006 55w 6000k slim his kit from ddm tuning.

phi1542

Reaction score
If you're gonna dip it check out auto dip too. They are a new company that makes gloss peelable paint and the just released full dip for the whole car I think. It's pretty cool cuz it looks like a legit paint job since its all glossy haha pretty neat. Also if you got a little extra money for HID i recommend xenon depot. Little pricey but it's worth it. Excellent and no issues with them. I've been through like 3 or 4 ddm tuning kits and idk you get what you pay for. Some people had good luck with them though in the past. I think they recently changed their kits to some cheap Chinese stuff cuz it's terrible now from my experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

mcruzado10

Reaction score
If you're gonna dip it check out auto dip too. They are a new company that makes gloss peelable paint and the just released full dip for the whole car I think. It's pretty cool cuz it looks like a legit paint job since its all glossy haha pretty neat. Also if you got a little extra money for HID i recommend xenon depot. Little pricey but it's worth it. Excellent and no issues with them. I've been through like 3 or 4 ddm tuning kits and idk you get what you pay for. Some people had good luck with them though in the past. I think they recently changed their kits to some cheap Chinese stuff cuz it's terrible now from my experience

Thx I'll def check the auto dip and I wish I would've known about ddm sooner. I hope the hid kit lasts. My buddy recommended it to me which is y I got them but fingers crossed they'll be ok

mcruzado10

Reaction score
The only thing about auto dip is that it only comes in cans. I wasn't gonna dip the car myself

phi1542

Reaction score
Auto dip released a new one for the whole car where its not in a can. I saw on ig not sure if it's out yet. Pretty sure it is but look into it

Back