Torqueing a hot wheel/rim...good or bad

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yeah, i broke it while taking it off lol, and no the last person who put it on i believe was when i got my ballpoints/tie-rods done.
It made about 3 full turns as the other 3 lug-nuts, then it started getting tighter, for a second i thought i was spinning the wrench the wrong way but i wasn't. Thinking the threads were a bit messed up possibly or had grime on them i thought of giving it some more arm force and it budged a little, i gave it more and it came off...i looked at the lug, and saw the stud stuck inside lol. Then i believe i cursed about 4-5 times and got some neighbors looking. Pissed off I put the wheel back on and just said "fack it" to what i wanted to do to start with "paint the calipers and drums".

Anyways to get back on topic, thanks for responses :) i ended up checking the torque on them in the morning today again just for paranoia sake.

nsjames

Reaction score
he probably put it straight on with a gun, without threading it on by hand first so its right haha.​

yep. or didn't thread it on by hand more than a half thread.

the last people that touched my brother wheel was *gasp* Wal Mart.

they ended up paying for the stud and the labor to repair it too.

Edit: This was before the Evil Empire Wal Mart, nearly 20 years ago. You know, when they still had things made in the US on the shelves.

Back