NEW!!! Function & Form TypeTwo.5 w/Eibach ERS Springs

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Hey Ken,

Can you talk to F&F about when they'll have their Type II.5 finalized for the 04-08 TL?

Supposedly they are currently developing them with Marcus from Heeltoe Automotive, but if it's something that you'd be able to sell, I'd like to get mine through you.

Thanks!

I had a feeling you'd come to the dark side! LOL

NASOHC

Reaction score
Hey Ken,

Can you talk to F&F about when they'll have their Type II.5 finalized for the 04-08 TL?

Supposedly they are currently developing them with Marcus from Heeltoe Automotive, but if it's something that you'd be able to sell, I'd like to get mine through you.

Thanks!

Ok, they are developing your application and all they need are top hats for the front to be finalized for final production. They mentioned there's a couple of TL's (04-08) on the TL Forum running their Type II's already but not 100% how exactly other than using OEM top hats. You may want to check there and see if you get the details. Maybe it's a simple top hat and call it a day. Everything else is the same from previous Gen TL so the kit will work for yours. They did not want to give a completion date for your application but they're hoping sooner than later - shooting for July sometime if that helps. Springs rates for your application will be up to 14kg front and 10kg rear so you can choose from ERS springs as well.

I had a feeling you'd come to the dark side! LOL

Hey, we're not so bad man :)

I was researching some things and could not believe how many people are actually running F&F out there - more now than ever and it's all because they do stand behind their product (nothing is 100% fail proof) these guys take care of their customers and are producing a very nice quality coil-over for every day use. That's a great combo.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ken,

Appreciate the info you gave me as well on them.

I'd like to hear some reviews on these once a few people have started running them, but this is definately a set that is on my short list.

:thumbsup:

Derek

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
14/10.. wow!

don't think i've seen another setup that comes that stiff as standard.

xx24xx

Reaction score
I have Type 2s right now and I have to say they are very soft for aggressive driving. Daily is OK. I feel the bumps more than stock but I understood I'd have to sacrifice some ride quality for a lower ride height and ability to turn hard at higher speeds. Now keep in mind that with myself, audio equipment, box and sound dampening...that's nearly 5-600 pounds more than a stock sedan. So my question is: how much benefit will upgrading to a 14/10 do for me?

Oh ya and how much shipped to 96793?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i have type 2s right now and i have to say they are very soft for aggressive driving. Daily is ok. I feel the bumps more than stock but i understood i'd have to sacrifice some ride quality for a lower ride height and ability to turn hard at higher speeds. Now keep in mind that with myself, audio equipment, box and sound dampening...that's nearly 5-600 pounds more than a stock sedan. So my question is: How much benefit will upgrading to a 14/10 do for me?

oh ya and how much shipped to 96793?

+1

NASOHC

Reaction score
I have Type 2s right now and I have to say they are very soft for aggressive driving. Daily is OK. I feel the bumps more than stock but I understood I'd have to sacrifice some ride quality for a lower ride height and ability to turn hard at higher speeds. Now keep in mind that with myself, audio equipment, box and sound dampening...that's nearly 5-600 pounds more than a stock sedan. So my question is: how much benefit will upgrading to a 14/10 do for me?

Oh ya and how much shipped to 96793?

Bottom Line: F&F Coil-Overs were intended for street driven cars - most people want a firmer ride without sacrificing ride quality and these coil-overs do just that. They're not supposed to be a hard rock solid ride. If you got a V6, it'll feel a bit softer too than on a 4 Cyl. - keep that in mind. But yes, they are a lot stiffer than stock.

Now, there's a demand for stiffer spring rates (people are tracking some cars now or getting more spirited in their driving) so - they teamed up with Eibach to be able to provide stiffer springs. And so, you have the ERS technology which is indeed, a huge improvement over their current spring setup - not that they're bad, I'm very comfortable with the way my car handles but heck - wouldn't mind going even stiffer if possible like most of you on this thread.

Most people in here just throw out there what they think and feel without considering all of the other aspects that affect their vehicle.

All I can say in relation to handling and car feel is this: (regardless of the coil-over you run)

1. What tires are you running? This, believe it or not has a huge impact on how soft or hard the car feels. I've had Kumho, Pirelli, Nitto and Falken tires with various rim combos and can honestly say that the car rides totally different on all 4 + 3 different rim sizes. So, don't say my car rides soft when you got a soft sidewall tire on 15-16" rims, or even 17" - of course it will. Tire combo affects bump impact therefore changing how a car feels and behaves on hard cornering. We're not all running the same here. Are you on 195/60, 205/60, 215/40, 225/40? Yeah, it matters.

2. Tire Pressure? Yeah, just as tire size and type - do you run 32, 38, 44 psi??? I'm sure not everyone runs the same or even bothers to check them at least 2x a month like I do. My tires have a max of 51psi and run anywhere from 42-44 on average. Lots of people fail to even bother running an adequate psi front to rear variation.

3. You have heavy or lightweight wheels? Hmmm... yeah, that can also change all aspects of ride feel since impact and vibration pulses will transmit through tire and wheels into car. Right.

4. How low are you? LOL... well, heck - this can totally make you or break you. Don't expect your car to handle too well if too high or too low - there's a medium sweet spot. Find it and go from there. Either you're low for looks and throw ride quality and control out the door or tune your ride to appropriate height and best control; forget if it could look nicer 1" lower. Come on.

5. Any other suspension mods? Ok, so for you handling geeks... got anti-roll kit, camber kit, strut bar, etc??? I'm sure you already know but yes, this ultimately will enable your car to have better roll stability control, therefore helping your coil-overs to work simultaneously with all components. If you have nothing else and dependent on the coil-overs to do all the work; guess what? Not as good.

6. Where do you drive? I'm in the O.C., by far, some of the best road and an highways in SoCal. Smooth freeways, smooth street, we got em'. I drive to Downtown LA area at least once a week - I hate it! Car feels so bumpy and harsh, it sucks driving in LA on a stiff suspension. the 110 FWY going North from 105 FWY to Downtown is; bump, bump, bump, bump up and down every second driving at 55mph - The dampening on the shock really works I may say! My car is stiff when I drive to LA, but I feel it's smooth and comfy when I'm in the OC - Well, road condition also matters.

SO... from someone who has it all on his car and has tested various combination of tires, wheels, parts, even roads (and is a very spirited driver I may add) - I can honestly say that at least F&F coil-overs WILL firm up and enhance your ride handling without sacrificing ride quality. They will do nicely on the track (especially now with ERS custom spring rates) and you just need to do your homework as to how you think and feel other parts may help contribute to the ride handling and quality you want. But like i said, this can be applied to any coil-over or even spring kit you run on your car - just be educated and informed about what you do, especially before commenting on a product without comparing apples to apples and I now in 6GA, we got pears, oranges, melons and others.

Be cool!

BTW: I took a co-worker for a spin yesterday who owns an 08 TL-S Type (6sp manual) and is looking to get the F&F coil-overs for his car soon. He said: "I don't know if I could get used to this harsh ride but i like it - you car really handles nice too for an Accord, wow!"

We drive new Acura TL-S, SH-AWD and Subaru WRX/STI's all day here and my car is hella-stiffer compared to all of those sport/track tuned cars anyday.

Last edited:
Back