Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

phi1542

Reaction score
Sounds like it was all a huge PITA to deal with but glad it's over and your car is back! Looks good bro, especially the headlights. I'm excited to see what kind of customization you are planning on the headlights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Ok, so here's how I wired the LED DRL tubes in the headlights. I thought these LED tubes were simply utilized by the OEM #168-sized front parking light sockets, but they were not. Instead, there was about 10" of red/black pos/neg wires coming out from the back of the headlight through a small hole. The port for the 168 light socket is there, but adding a light bulb in there won't light anything in the housing. I just duct-taped the hole, so there won't by anything going into the headlights. Some of you may want to seal these ports by the sockets installed, and splice the wires into your choice of lighting wire harnesses, but I wanted to these to be PNP as much as possible. My bodyshop mentioned me I could use a LED light bulb socket adater / converter, then splice its wires to the end of the DRL wires. Tested out the idea with my spare adapter I had, and it worked. Happened to visit a tuning shop one time, and they gave me a few adaptors for free. :)

These are universal 168 LED light bulb adapters. I cut off the connector part for splicing the wires.
3504ee5ea19693f8b35fc8546780053a.jpg

Splicing them to the LED wirings.
855061f99b40993a6faffcd23ad94191.jpg

Connected the socket to my front parking light wire harness. I still need to seal this thing to make it water/dust-proof, but this way I can stay w/o modifying my harness. it will be easy to disconnect it when removing my headlights.
85b936bfbbd94d0df111a729ea11aae8.jpg

Crappy phone pic but here's how it looks (as a whole after the repair.)
a7f8bcaa479af071b581f7035f78219a.jpg

b5577354a0b52a7dd0bc92383dcae1cc.jpg

0d3ea485e9fd96a02c75c96a87bdeca1.jpg

Dude that looks fresh as hell!! and those headlights :love::love: I want to see more.
Yea, man!! No swirl marks at all. :) I only have crappy cel phone pics atm, but I'll take more pics, when I do a proper shoot with better cameras next time.

Sounds like everything worked out pretty well. Did you have to fight for them to use OEM parts or was that not a thing? Car looks great, I'm happy for ya!
Yeah, pretty much, but I still need to have my car rental service reimbursed, b/c I maxed out the number of rental days haha. The oem fender was $87.98 extr, but I didn't argue with them at all. Idt it mattered since the total repair cost was covered. Thanks, man! I can finally live happily once again haha!

Sounds like it was all a huge PITA to deal with but glad it's over and your car is back! Looks good bro, especially the headlights. I'm excited to see what kind of customization you are planning on the headlights!

Thanks! I wanna at least black house them to my liking, but we'll see haha. I'll be a father in 2 months, so I am & will be getting caught up with taking care of the "real" baby boy, for the most part from now on, but I'll try to keep up w/ my 6gen baby girl in the garage as much as possible tho!

(Was going to post up a few more pics, but I'm running out of time..)

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Congratulations on your future baby! Yeah don't forget about the 6th gen hahaha

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Congrats daddy to be. I got 2 little monsters running around here 2 and 5 both girls (I know, I'm ****ed), it definitely takes up all your free time. Working on my car is needed or I would prolly shoot my self :henry:, it just makes me forget about life for a bit. It brings a huge smile to your face to come home and have them run to you screaming "DADDY". Oh ya car is looking awesome they did a great job, hopefully you can scrape up some time to do a mini meet still:waytogo:.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Congrats Richard, great things ahead for you and your family! We're having our second, a boy, in a couple weeks here.

Chris, congrats to you too btw.

EDIT: Sorry Rob, don't know why I said Chris lol.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Congratulations on your future baby! Yeah don't forget about the 6th gen hahaha

Thanks, Derek! Pretty sure I won't but I'll see what I can do to keep up w/ it hehe.

Congrats daddy to be. I got 2 little monsters running around here 2 and 5 both girls (I know, I'm ****ed), it definitely takes up all your free time. Working on my car is needed or I would prolly shoot my self :henry:, it just makes me forget about life for a bit. It brings a huge smile to your face to come home and have them run to you screaming "DADDY". Oh ya car is looking awesome they did a great job, hopefully you can scrape up some time to do a mini meet still:waytogo:.
Thank you, Rob. Sounds fun w/ multiple monsters lol. (No, you're not haha) Yeah I won't be entirely free anymore but I need to keep up with my car, so I won't shoot myself either lol. I used to feel the same when I got married, seeing wifey when I return home. It's been a while having that fresh feeling, so that's nice haha. Thanks, yes indeed, it was worth waiting for 2 month to book my appointment. Yea I hope so. Since the baby is due in early April, I'll be N/A from the later part of March, so it's proly earlier the better huh.

Congrats Richard, great things ahead for you and your family! We're having our second, a boy, in a couple weeks here.

Chris, congrats to you too btw.
Thanks Chris, yeah I'm pretty excited! Hopefully I get to inspire him to be a car guy haha. That's awesome to hear that! Congrats sending back to ya! :cheers:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Car - Meh

New Baby - Woohoo!!!

:lawl:

Car looks good, Richard, glad to see it back in order.

Awesome news about the baby, congratulations, there!

It will change your life, for the best. Enjoy!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The first night it seems like you destroyed your life haha. But I promise, it gets easier. ;) The little buggers really do bring loads of happiness and generally make life more fulfilling, it's an awesome and amazing experience.

Those DRL's are decent for daytime, I expected less. Next question is, how long will they last. :shrug:

Thanks Chris, yeah I'm pretty excited! Hopefully I get to inspire him to be a car guy haha. That's awesome to hear that! Congrats sending back to ya! :cheers:

That's my hope too, I don't have any friends that are into cars really. So maybe that can be a father/son thing lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Car - Meh

New Baby - Woohoo!!!

:lawl:

Car looks good, Richard, glad to see it back in order.

Awesome news about the baby, congratulations, there!

It will change your life, for the best. Enjoy!
Woohoo!!! :rock: Thank you, Derek-san. Now that my car's back, I am mentally stable once again haha. That is good to know, can't wait to feel the good change! Still being unrealistic abt me being a father at this point, but I guess time will tell.

The first night it seems like you destroyed your life haha. But I promise, it gets easier. ;) The little buggers really do bring loads of happiness and generally make life more fulfilling, it's an awesome and amazing experience.

Those DRL's are decent for daytime, I expected less. Next question is, how long will they last. :shrug:

That's my hope too, I don't have any friends that are into cars really. So maybe that can be a father/son thing lol.
I can totally visualize myself panicking at 1st lol. Sounds good, thanks for the promise. :) I hear from many saying that you get to cultivate yourself by educating your children; It's a mutual development, sort of speak. Can't be fooling around all the time haha.

Haven't really compared the brightness with other cars yet, but it seems like these could be a little brighter, especially seeing them on a bright day. Yeah, exactly. I'd like to get some quality retro fit components, if I'm certain that the life span is fairly long.

Hey buddy, we're your friends tho lol. But yeah same here, most of my friends around me aren't really car guys either haha. But it don't matter tho, b/c all we need is luv for cars to inspire our kids!

pass down the 6th gens to your sons LOL never let the 6t gen die out
Actually, that has been one of my dreams haha. If I ever get to accomplish that, it's either he will be super embarrassed to drive dad's 30+ yr-old-POS, (that's if he becomes a non-car guy), or he'll appreciate the beauty of 6GA, he if gets to be a car guy haha. Either way, I'm keeping my Accord 4eva till I can. ;)

Back