Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Connie

Reaction score
Dang dude, sounds like it's time for you to relocate to Florida where the only thing you have to worry about is what time you want to go to the beach and how long you want to cruise with the windows down lol

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

It's not all bad; snowboarding is awesome. And driving in heavy snow is fun as hell! You look at the bright side, take the good with the bad.

I might move to Mexico in a few years though; 360 days a year of t-shirt weather is hard to argue with, and the cost of living is so low that you can live really well on "get-by in Ontario" money.

I'd consider the US, but your government scares me.

capsidx

Reaction score
Don't get me started on the govt lol . At least we're still free to pack some horsepower in our cars lol. I've had my fair share of fun snow driving which lead me to bend an axle and a rim, break a tie rod and and a motor mount . The potholes are unbearable. Florida is literally as far down south I can go to get away from here lol. Glad you cope with it. The thought of me throwing away Frankenstein scared the isht out of me. Kudos to you do accepting your fate lol

Connie

Reaction score
Don't get me started on the govt lol . At least we're still free to pack some horsepower in our cars lol. I've had my fair share of fun snow driving which lead me to bend an axle and a rim, break a tie rod and and a motor mount . The potholes are unbearable. Florida is literally as far down south I can go to get away from here lol. Glad you cope with it. The thought of me throwing away Frankenstein scared the isht out of me. Kudos to you do accepting your fate lol

Sometimes there's just nothing you can do but watch the earth take it back, lol. Bodywork ain't cheap, especially when rust is involved.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Sometimes there's just nothing you can do but watch the earth take it back, lol. Bodywork ain't cheap, especially when rust is involved.
You can say that again. I live in the salt belt too., so I know what it does. My 92 Geo Prizm is almost 1/2 repaired with new steel that's been welded in. It's only got 177K on it. But looking at the floors last week (welded up part of the exhaust), they don't look all that healthy. It will probably get some more metal added to it before winter. The left side (salt being thrown on the road side) is worse than the right side.

Connie

Reaction score
You can say that again. I live in the salt belt too., so I know what it does. My 92 Geo Prizm is almost 1/2 repaired with new steel that's been welded in. It's only got 177K on it. But looking at the floors last week (welded up part of the exhaust), they don't look all that healthy. It will probably get some more metal added to it before winter. The left side (salt being thrown on the road side) is worse than the right side.

I don't think we got the Prizm north of the border....did some looking and it looks like it's just a rebadged early 90s corolla to me.

We got the Geo Storm instead, and I haven't seen one of those around in at least 10 years now....they used to be everywhere! Rust ate them faster than anything else.

We used to have the Asuna brand here in Canada too; you could get them at Pontiac dealerships in Canada in the late 80s. The one I remember was the Asuna Sunrunner, it was a cool looking car. Rust took its toll on those things too. The 2.0L OHC Turbo Sunbird replaced it in '88 I think. Haven't seen one of those in ages, either.

There even used to be a Lada dealership near North Bay, Ontario. I think the doors were open until the mid-2000s sometime. You still see the odd Lada Niva or Lada Samara around up north. They rusted really badly, too; but the Russians make their body panels out of 1/4" steel plate or something, so they lasted a bit longer.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I don't think we got the Prizm north of the border....did some looking and it looks like it's just a rebadged early 90s corolla to me.

We got the Geo Storm instead, and I haven't seen one of those around in at least 10 years now....they used to be everywhere! Rust ate them faster than anything else.

We used to have the Asuna brand here in Canada too; you could get them at Pontiac dealerships in Canada in the late 80s. The one I remember was the Asuna Sunrunner, it was a cool looking car. Rust took its toll on those things too. The 2.0L OHC Turbo Sunbird replaced it in '88 I think. Haven't seen one of those in ages, either.

There even used to be a Lada dealership near North Bay, Ontario. I think the doors were open until the mid-2000s sometime. You still see the odd Lada Niva or Lada Samara around up north. They rusted really badly, too; but the Russians make their body panels out of 1/4" steel plate or something, so they lasted a bit longer.

Yup, it's a slightly re-bodied Corolla, but built in California, sold all over the US. It uses almost all of the Corolla drive train parts, so it'll run forever. It's not a bad little car though. But I wouldn't take a long trip in it. That's what the 6th gen is for. They're a damn good road trip car.

We got the Storm here, most started out as something else though.

Over here we got the Yugo, which rusted out quicker than a Geo Storm, but looked like a Rabbit/Golf.

I had a 93 Sunbird with the V6 and AT. Fun little car, but rusted to crap. But like you said, You don't see them around any more because the iron moth ate them (rust).

Connie

Reaction score
Yup, it's a slightly re-bodied Corolla, but built in California, sold all over the US. It uses almost all of the Corolla drive train parts, so it'll run forever. It's not a bad little car though. But I wouldn't take a long trip in it. That's what the 6th gen is for. They're a damn good road trip car.

We got the Storm here, most started out as something else though.

Over here we got the Yugo, which rusted out quicker than a Geo Storm, but looked like a Rabbit/Golf.

I had a 93 Sunbird with the V6 and AT. Fun little car, but rusted to crap. But like you said, You don't see them around any more because the iron moth ate them (rust).

Wasn't there a deal in the 80s at Cadillac dealerships where if you bought a new Caddy they gave you a free Yugo? I remember hearing something like that but I'm not sure if it's actually true.

I remember when those 3.1 V6 sunbirds and Z24 cavaliers were everywhere. They were like half the cars in the student parking lot when I was in high school.

A guy had an 88 with the V6 (I think his might have even been a 2.8) and it was really fast for it's day. It even came stick! Looked nice in black with the gray skirts, too.

I'd still drive one if I found a good deal. Especially if someone had dumped in the 3400 or 3800 from the Lumina/Monte Carlo of the same era into it. That would be sleeper of the year, lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Wasn't there a deal in the 80s at Cadillac dealerships where if you bought a new Caddy they gave you a free Yugo? I remember hearing something like that but I'm not sure if it's actually true.

I remember when those 3.1 V6 sunbirds and Z24 cavaliers were everywhere. They were like half the cars in the student parking lot when I was in high school.

A guy had an 88 with the V6 (I think his might have even been a 2.8) and it was really fast for it's day. It even came stick! Looked nice in black with the gray skirts, too.

I'd still drive one if I found a good deal. Especially if someone had dumped in the 3400 or 3800 from the Lumina/Monte Carlo of the same era into it. That would be sleeper of the year, lol.

I don't know about the Caddy dealers giving free Yugo's away, but it wouldn't surprise me.
I've had a few Sunbirds and Cavaliers over the years. I'd love to find another wagon with a stick in it. That was a fun little car too.
A buddy of mine bought a Celebrity for his wife to use last early spring. It had 30K miles on it. Still had 2 of the original Uniroyal tires on it too. She's already put 20K miles on it, and other than regular oil changes he's put 2 exhaust manifolds on it. It goes thru them like you go thru wheel bearings. ;) It's a nice car, but the iron moth is attacking it.

Connie

Reaction score
Just picked up some Hankook Ventus RS3 Version 2 205/55ZR16s and put em on my old spray painted OZ F1s that I had laying around from an old Talon I had like 9 years ago. Rims need new paint, but meh. No more haggard tires for me! Haven't really tried em out yet; hope they live up to the hype. First page updated with pix.

Last edited:
Back