Register to remove these ads

Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
Points: 817, Level: 7 Points: 817, Level: 7 Points: 817, Level: 7
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Million mile club

[quote=datechboss101;1100469]
Originally Posted by T.$.Racing View Post
I looked at rockauto, and they don't sell the front 4 lug nut wheel bearings at all. The only ones that I found were Autozone's Duralast wheel bearings with hub assembly. Where else should I try? I plan on not going to the mech to get them pressed in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have to call BS on that one. Yes, they don't sell a 4 lug hub (well actually they do seperately, but I wouldn't buy it), but then I'd rather keep the genuine Honda hub. But the bearings are available. Part# 510050 @25.79 each for Timken. I could have them here by Friday. They're also the same bearing as V6 cars use. I just put them into my own car last month.
I wouldn't use anything from the Zone, unless you plan on replacing them in a year. I only say that, as they sell cheap Chinese parts. And while the part might have a "life time warranty", it doesn't cover labor, and you only get 1 replacement. After that 1, you're buying the next 1.
So IF you want it by Thanksgiving, you need to order it now, or should have ordered it last week.
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
Points: 1,318, Level: 9 Points: 1,318, Level: 9 Points: 1,318, Level: 9
Activity: 73% Activity: 73% Activity: 73%

datechboss101 is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Rusty Accord;1100470]
Originally Posted by datechboss101 View Post

I have to call BS on that one. Yes, they don't sell a 4 lug hub (well actually they do seperately, but I wouldn't buy it), but then I'd rather keep the genuine Honda hub. But the bearings are available. Part# 510050 @25.79 each for Timken. I could have them here by Friday. They're also the same bearing as V6 cars use. I just put them into my own car last month.
I wouldn't use anything from the Zone, unless you plan on replacing them in a year. I only say that, as they sell cheap Chinese parts. And while the part might have a "life time warranty", it doesn't cover labor, and you only get 1 replacement. After that 1, you're buying the next 1.
So IF you want it by Thanksgiving, you need to order it now, or should have ordered it last week.
I did my research though. I went to multiple reputable sites (RA, 1A, A.A.P., NAPA, etc.).
Lelu 1.0- 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ Navi & RES 3.5L 5AT SGM- traded on 12/24/15 @ 151k miles
2004 Hyundia Elantra Hatchback GLS silver- Totaled on 03/06/2005
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM

[quote=T.$.Racing;1100462]
Originally Posted by datechboss101 View Post

The cost of everything would be a lot more reasonable if you learn to turn a wrench and start working on the thing yourself. Idk, maybe its me, but it seems weird to talk about "reasonable" cost in regards to the correct fluids for your car, but you bring a 20 year old vehicle in for service at the stealership?

If you plan on putting even 250k on your 6G it would greatly behoove you to start doing any/all work on the thing yourself otherwise you and your pops are going to rack up into the 5 digits maintaining the thing over that duration. You'll save money, know its done right, and it feels a hell of a lot more rewarding getting back into your car and driving it after doing a job on it yourself.
I hear ya. I try to stay away from the dealership if I can. I'll shop around for parts and fluids though, but then I've been doing that most of my life.

My son is a multiple Honda owner (he has 2 Civics and his wife has a Pilot), and he's been doing his own repair work in my garage for years. He also knows that if he needs help, I'm there to offer it up. But for the most part he's the one doing the work. For the first 2 years he owned his 98 Civic, he was driving over 300 miles a week, between work and college. He racked up some miles, and replaced some parts. There was a time I wasn't around and he needed a clutch replaced, so he talked to a couple of local shops, and found someone who worked on them, as he couldn't afford to go to the dealer for repair work. It got replaced, and he kept driving it. I should also mention, he was/is paying for his own cars, with his own money. I think this is his main reason for owning and driving a Honda.

Him and a friend of mine also got me to start shopping for stuff on e-bay. But, you need to know what you want before you get there. I actually browse on Rock Auto first (gets me parts numbers and a rough price), then I go to e-bay and see if they have it there, and can I get a better price for the same quality.
I really can't see going to the dealer for much of anything, other than getting a 2nd key programed for my 99 Accord. I did that with my wife's Accord shortly after we got it too. It wasn't because 1 of us might loose a key, but rather I had my own copy for if I needed to move her car, or take her car, or work on her car. It just made sense to have it done (cost 70 bucks), so I don't have to ask/bug her for her key. Plus it was nice on road trips, where we both had a key for the car. Yes, we got some DW-1 ATF for it at the dealer, but then they should have it in stock. It costs the same as Honda MTF too. But other than that, I get my parts elsewhere.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

[quote=datechboss101;1100471]
Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post

I did my research though. I went to multiple reputable sites (RA, 1A, A.A.P., NAPA, etc.).
I was just saying above, Rock Auto does have them in stock. I even gave you the part number (510050) and the price per bearing (25.79 each).