JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Hello all! New member here

I have a Cb7-91 accord ex, that I love.

Recently I came across a steal , for a 99 accord lx for $400!

so I got it and it has problems , but nothing terrible. needs a clutch and a cat.

I priced parts , i can get a clutch for 70 something on ebay-exedy

I can also get a full ebay exhaust for around 200 , and a test pipe (in place of cat) for around 30.

The car has a f23a1 , all stock. 119k miles. tires are in great condition. it starts and runs but throws CEL , they cut the cat and o2 sensor out.

It is silver/gray. body is good , i have seen better though. it was in an accident , i realized this when i took the bumper off yesterday to change a corner light bulb.

it has been marked up , and appears to have been keyed. I gave it a wash today in hopes to remove some of the markings , but i guess i will have to go out and polish it.

Interior is tan. It had stains all over , dark soda , blood? , make up , cig ashes , etc. So i swept it out , then took a carpet cleaner to it , and it cleaned up pretty nice , might go back and do it again.

The air control doesn't always work (is this defective?) if i turn the 1234 knob it will blow air , but the buttons dont light up , sometimes they will , but they soon go out.

If you want pics of it , please show me how to post them lol. thanks - Josh

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. For such a cheap price you can fix everything on the car and you'll still be out ahead. Hope it's solid for you otherwise, should be since it's 5spd.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home.

That's a real steal w/ that price you paid! But I'd suggest you stay away from eBay brands as much as possible, b/c you really get what you pay for, especially on suspension products. It's something you shouldn't be cheaping out, when it comes to suspension.

Btw, good thing you found out some hidden damages, but you didn't have to remove your front bumper, only to change the corner lights; You can remove a plastic clip on the fender well guards, and reach your hand into it, behind the light bulbs.

james'99

Reaction score
Last edited:

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Welcome! I had the climate control issue that I repaired. The common issue was that the voltage regulator isn't getting power. Easily resolved with a soldering iron and a piece of wire or swapping out the entire climate controls. I will provide a link.

EDIT: This will get your climate controls back up and running!

I just did this, and the only one that lit up is the foot vent. the recirculate worked ,and the defrost worked. time to re do it lol

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
I just did this, and the only one that lit up is the foot vent. the recirculate worked ,and the defrost worked. time to re do it lol

ok , so i re did the solder job , and now the only one that lights up is the dash vent button. wtffff. i went to the jy the other day and every 6th gen had the hvac controls taken out

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
ok , so i re did the solder job , and now the only one that lights up is the dash vent button. wtffff. i went to the jy the other day and every 6th gen had the hvac controls taken out

gunna have to find one at the junkyard , mine wont work at all, im not too good at soldering yet, but the first time i did a good job. tinned the tip , pre soldered the wire, then fed solder on the joints. if i get one at the jy, i will most likely need to solder it , next time i will be more careful.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
As long as there's no major rust, seems like you got a great deal! It's been said already, but even after you spend money getting it in good condition, you'll still come out on top

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
i found a little rust, on the right hand side where the bumper cover goes. and some on driver door. also figured out that it is currently running on 3 cylinders. i cant do anything to it at the moment as i have no money , and it is snowing and has been 16 degrees (f).

Back