bairdandrew77

Reaction score
The car running on 3 cylinders is probably (hopefully) an easy fix. Dead injector, worn distributor cap, spark plug, plug wire... it's usually a good idea to do a tune up when buying a used car anyways.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
i just left it unplugged, but after i did the solder job only the one button lit up and worked. before, 3 worked and lit up, the others wont light up. i should probably just get on at the junkyard

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
when i first got the car there was oil in all the plugs (they weren't tightened properly). so i cleaned them and put em in correctly(no more oil in plug issue). So when i had the cylinder misfire i got worried. the f22a plug wire wont fit. so i took the plug out and sure enough it was blacker than tar. so i cleaned it til it looked brand new, re gapped it , threw it in , and its back to running on all four. Is this a plug , plug wire , or dizzy problem?

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Update

Today i ordered a catalytic convertor , a new o2 sensor , and a clutch kit.

the longest shipping estimate is for January 22nd, 2015.

I can't wait to see this thing move!

I know i said i was going to get an exedy clutch kit, but i went ahead and bought a HD clutch kit. It is made by exedy and is backed with a 12,000 mile/12 month warranty.

I usually start the car and let it warm up to operating temperature once a week, but i let it set for about a month. I went out today and cranked it ; It started right up. 3 rotations and fired up. considering the whole month i let it set it was 32*F or lower, i think she did good.

That's it for my update. Thanks for viewing my thread!

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Update

SO , my parts have came in.

i have been disassembling the parts needed to get to the clutch. im as far as the starter motor.

When i pulled the starter motor , i saw a bunch of gunk inside the trans, covering the presssure plate, and flywheel.

What do you think this is, is it bad?!?

i feel like its a blown up clutch.

Last edited:

twofast4u

Reaction score
Re: Update

SO , my parts have came in.

i have been disassembling the parts needed to get to the clutch. im as far as the starter motor.

When i pulled the starter motor , i saw a bunch of gunk inside the trans, covering the presssure plate, and flywheel.

What do you think this is, is it bad?!?

i feel like its a blown up clutch.
yea....definitely the leftovers of your clutch

Back