RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Was the bell housing just seized on? Looks like you had all the bolts afterall.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
^Was the bell housing just seized on? Looks like you had all the bolts afterall.

there was one on the back hidden. it was next to the rear motor mount bolts.

i literally could not see it , i found it with a socket and hoped it was it. bell housing slid right off like a charm

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
the car has been sitting with the transmission out for a month now. i need to get a flywheel. the one in it has some gouges from the clutch rivets.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Update

okay, so the car has been in the same state of repair since the last post.

This is the first nice day out in a long time , so i took out my flywheel and bolts.
Both the flywheel and bolts are rusted, so I have been cleaning them up with a wire brush and sand paper.

Tomorrow I plan to take the flywheel , as well as the one i have from my 91 accord (put a new one in the car) and have them turned/re surfaced at O'Reilys(even though I hate their parts, I will give them a shot for resurfacing).

While I'm there I plan to pick up a rear main seal since I don't plan to have the transmission off again any time soon.

Today though, I realized my trunk is getting a ton of moisture in it. The driver side of the trunk at the top , near the hinge(closest to the back window) is propped up rather than being flush like the passenger side.

When I popped the trunk open, there was a large amount of condensation all over my tools and parts. So I inspected the trunk seal and voila it looks like the seal is bent. The whole seal is good except for a small section about 5 inches , that looks like it is literally bent.

I don't know if this is result of someone trying to get in the trunk to steal something , or if someone shut the trunk with something chilling on the seal.

Thanks for viewing the thread as always

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Update

well of course oreily had to make an excuse about how they couldn't resurface my flywheels. NEVER going there for anything again.

They did not resurface them , made an excuse , and on top of that they never called me to inform me , so i could go pick them up. I am lucky that i was in the area and stopped in.

AAAAANYWAYS....

Went ahead and gave my business to good ole Advance auto parts, they price matched a $65 LUK flywheel to a $55 brute power flywheel from autozone.

on 3/14/15 (PI day , and its literally PI , 3.1415) I installed my flywheel

on 3/15/15 I installed my clutch and pressure plate

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
update

went ahead and got the transmission back on since it was 70*F today.

slid on like butter after i got the bolts started into the motor.

whenever i have free time this week i will button up the rest of the bits n pieces.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice job, ridiculous that your flywheel would have just sat around in the back of O'Reilly's until you finally went to see if they had resurfaced yet. Only to find that they didn't, couldn't, and never called to tell you.

Last edited:

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Nice job, ridiculous that your flywheel would have just sat around in the back of O'Reilly's until you finally went to see if they had resurfaced yet. Only to find that they didn't, couldn't, and never called to tell you.

Thanks man.

Yea, I despise of that place deeply .

I got the car 90% back together. I need to put the passenger side stuff back together now.

after that, i need front brakes/rotors , and i need to have my fake pipe welded on.

by the way, It cranked over first try after everything including the battery being un touched for almost 3 months

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
update:

I haven't updated recently, so i figured i would.

the car is completely back together minus the brakes/rotors needing replaced.

I put new plugs in it two days ago, and took it to my neighbors, who welded my exhaust for me.

it still has an exhaust leak, but it is barely noticeable.

I went to the JY yesterday , and picked up a few things i needed , as well as a few extras.

i got driver door seals, as well as the chrome seal that goes across the whole driver side above the doors , replaced those yesterday.

I also got a front motor mount bolt, a vtec solenoid/valve, a couple wood grain pieces, and an all weather "ACCORD" floor mat.

the motor mount bolt is in, and i have the floor mat in , but im going to clean it as well as the interior again here soon.

oh and here's a couple videos i decided to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_ShVYF1zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRZEvzlsLk

Back