JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
rotors and brakes are on. i drove it for the first time , she hit vtec for a while then threw cel for oil pressure switch , and was burning oil while in vtec. So i changed the oil and filter , replaced the oil pressure switch on the block. drove it again today , and it worked for a while and then threw the code again. so now i have to get a vtec oil pressure switch for the valve/solenoid. slowly but surely , shes working out her problems.

FYI , when it threw the code , it would start acting up. It would go into limp mode (4k rev limiter) and when i would push the clutch in to stop , the car will shut off , and before it shuts off, the oil pressure light will come on and flash then the car either dies or catches itself. either way the idle dies down really low. i read that when it senses low oil pressure the fuel pump cuts out thus killing the engine to prevent further damage.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Still wrestling with the car I see lol, sounds like it is shaping up. Hope you get the oil pressure issue worked out alright.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Still wrestling with the car I see lol, sounds like it is shaping up. Hope you get the oil pressure issue worked out alright.

thanks man , slowly but surely lol .

I got a couple vtec switches at the junkyard , and that didnt fix my issue , so i took off the vtec valve assembly , as well as the egr.

egr was clogged, and the vtec valve was well... look for yourself...

But i cleaned it so ...

BUUT of course 2 miles down the road , and it throws a code again...

from what ive read it could be a number of things : rod bearings, oil pickup, oil pump, valves, rockers, valve cover & some more stuff. but from copper shavings everyone has said bearings..

im kinda having bad luck with this car..

Back