new member from NC

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Ive used tons of info off of this site and finally decided to register. I have a black 2001 4dr EX and have used it as my daily driver for the better part of a decade now. I had no intention of modding the car until recently when the factory f23a decided it was time to crack. I replaced the motor with a H23a blue top. I also made the switch from auto to a 5spd m2s4 at the same time. The car is a lot of fun to drive now so im going to do a few other mods to make it an all around better performer. Im currently shopping for suspension and am leaning towards tein basis coilovers.

Anywho, thank you in advance for all the help and hopefully i can be of some use to everyone. It seems electrical is the topic that confuses most people and that happens to be my specialty. My swap is 100% obd2 emissions compliant.

-Matt

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home. So nice that you've done one of the major mods already. Looking fwd to seeing some pics!

Reaction score
ill snap some pics and get them posted soon. The car exterior wise looks like any other granny grocery getter and the paint is utter ****e. The interior is as clean as ive ever seen on a car this old, the car came with the gray leather. The only visible mod on the car is a s2000 ap2 steering wheel and a carbon shift knob.

I am shopping for coilovers at the moment and am ready to buy when i come across a descent deal. If any of you have a set for sale or will be soon then I am your buyer.

-Matt

Reaction score
Yes it was. The airbag that came with mine was a single stage so I think the airbag is from an earlier year. My car has a dual stage srs setup so for now the airbag isn't connected, but physically the wheel mounts the exact same as ours.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Make yourself at home. A lot of information here. Kind of in the same boat as you, swapping my V6 auto to hopefully a V6 6spd.

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my suspension and wheels so i snapped a few pics to post up.

I went with Function & Form type 1s and 17x8 +43 Zauber mesh 3pc. 215/45 front and 225/45 rear.

Back