New 6th gen accord owner :)

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Jay and I buy/sell and scrap cars for a living and just picked up a 98 Accord coupe for only 200 bucks :) The previous own thought the transmission was going out because of the flashing D4 light and it felt like it was slipping while shifting gears. I hooked up my scan tool and found out it was just the shift solenoid B. Went to UpullRparts and got a used solenoid for 8 bucks and it fixed the problem and she runs and drives like new :)

98 Accourd EX v6 black on black leather No rust and only one small dent on passenger door... Not bad for $208.

I also have a 91 crx si and this is my first v6 Honda. I must say I love how smooth and powerful the v6 is.

The car came with a remote start, aftermarket headlight and winter tires. My plans are to get some sporty rims/tires for summer, slam her to the ground and get a lip kit and some 01-03 fog lights.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Quite a deal you got yourself, is the paint in decent condition? Plans sound good, looking forward to progress.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Car is rust free with one small dent on passenger door and only light clear coat issue on passenger fender but I do bodywork so that's nothing to fix.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Tried to load a picture but its saying Exceeds your quota by 14.1 KB.... This is the first picture I have tried to upload and I shrunk it down to 16kb an I should be good up to 19.5kb...So I have no clue whats going on....Also I'm new to the forum so It wont let me post links to my photobucket :(

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Better to use an image sharing site like Photobucket. And you have to wait 7 days to post photos.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Whats a good size Rim/Tire combo for the Accord? I'm so used to my CRX and brand new to the 6th gen Accord and Honda v6.. I'm very happy to have another Honda to play around with. Just got done installing a 7" rear view mirror screen and backup camera, Bluetooth radio and 12" sub. My Accord came with the extra tap deck bellow the radio so that's where I'm going to put my radio and install my 8.5" touch screen in the dash where the radio and storage bin hooked to my carputer....Back to rims and tires though.. I don't like anything over a 16" rim on the crx... my accord came with 16s so maybe some 17s or 18s??

LeoY

Reaction score
17 and 18 are really good on our cars, if you go 17 05 Acura tl rims looks pretty awesome, just look in to members rides, lots of guys use them. Easy to find dirt cheap used as well.

If you do go 17, 215/50/17 will keep you at the same diameter as stock, although seems like you wouldn't have any issues adjusting your speedo even if you went different tire size.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
I checked out the stock TL Wheels and they do look nice on our cars. I think I'm going to go aftermarket though. Something sporty and light weight. I'm not sure if I want chrome or color wheels... I have been checking out members rides for a few hours now and our cars look nice with a lot of different wheels which makes it so hard to choose...

deepsnipe

Reaction score
I just seen a pair of 07 TL A-Spec rims on the 6 gen accord and they look great!! Think I'm going to go with them and they are 17" so not to big an should look good when I add the front/rear lips, side skirts and lower the accord. The ones I'm talking about are the standard split 5 spoke.. Not the type S and I found a brand new set for 400 dollars or 440 if I wanted the type s. Whats a good tire size for a slammed 6th gem on 17x8 rim?

Last edited:
Back