From across the pond!

Jaret

Reaction score
I'd like to say a massive hello from over here in the UK!
My name is Jaret and I've just brought my very first Jap car, the very exciting 3.0i coupe.
I probably shouldn't go too much into my car history as I'll likely make fewer friends :p
Loved reading some of your threads and its really given me some ideas for some serious mods! I just hope parts are as easy to come by my side of the globe.
Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Jaret

Varnell

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA! We've acquired a few UK members recently. Do you have the UK, Euro, or USDM version? I'm assuming the USDM since you said 3.0L and most models outside of the US had smaller displacements.

That's no reason not to share your car history. lol

What mods have you decided to do?

Jaret

Reaction score
I think it's the full USDM, its a 3.0i V6. Got all the extras too, leather heated, cruise control, elecy sunroof and headlights washers. It's done the best part of 150,000 but my Japanese friends assure me the engine is bullet proof. The gb on the other hand can be temperamental, or so I've been told.
Would love to do a 6pd if I can source the parts at an affordable price. But first I think it needs some bigger wheels a lower stance and to remove the ghastly door protection that looks to be a factory optional extra.
Just out of curiosity, what's an achievable bhp from one of the beats, it says 200 as standard but I'm used to and would like a little more. Perhaps a supercharger??

Varnell

Reaction score
Sounds like you got the Canadian model with heated seats and mirrors. Achievable is relative to your pockets and determination. I've seen mid 300 bhp out of this chassis from the 4 cylinders. As far as a supercharger, the Comptech is the only one I know of and will run you $4-6K. Good luck finding one, though. I know it's for the J32, but should likewise run on the J30 as they're essentially the same engine.

Coilovers and 18" wheels are a great upgrade. I'm not sure what you mean by the door projections.

Jaret

Reaction score
Yea, thought I'd seen one, is the J32 the 3.5? I don't have deep pockets but I do have a lot of car enthusiast friends so hopefully they can help with sourcing bits and bobs.
It's got what I can only describe as door bumpers. So you don't ding you car door when you or someone else opens their car onto yours??
Do you reckon I could get away with 19'' at 8j? I like em big!

Varnell

Reaction score
J32 is the 3.2L. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have sourcing one since they can be hard to come by stateside.

Ah, the door moldings. I've only seen them on just a few coupes. Maybe just the 98 model?

I've seen less than a handful of 6GA's look good with 19" wheels. It's just a little too much wheel for this chassis, in my opinion.

Jaret

Reaction score
That'd be be the ones, but mines a 99. Might have to do some research before I splash out on some rims then.
Can you recommended some decent coils that'll lower it more than 30mm because that's all I seem to be able to find. I've seen some tein ones but would like to know everyones opinion.
I'm a big fan of thee euro look, so I think I'm still stck I'm my ways from my German motors and want it as loww cas possible with super wide wheels and stretched tyres

Varnell

Reaction score
Teins won't get you that low, for sure. I'm on BC Racing coils with swift springs. Function and Forms are also great for slamming this chassis at a decent price point.

I'd still like to consider my coupe on the performance end of the spectrum, although barely. Check out White6GAV6's member's ride thread on here for slamming the frame with 18x11 wheels and near demon camber.

Start at page 26 and make your way to the end:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42765&highlight=white6gav6&page=26

Last edited:
Back