F23A5 Turbo Build

CHID0

Reaction score
Mad props man! With all the pics my connection felt like 56k :duckhunt:

Good to see people out there doin stuff themselves!

akoutmos

Reaction score
Deep respect for all the handiness you and your brothers possess haha :D.........I swear to take auto classes after securing a job after college

Aside the costly AEM EMS......How much did the turbo kit cost altogether??

I really liked how you did your oil catch can........I've been delaying doing this mod.........think I'm gonna have a trip to the general hardware store soon :duckhunt:
The kit cost around $3K but i would not suggest going with a turbo kit. Its best to piece your own kit together. The reason i bought the kit was because i just couldn't find a good turbo manifold.

Good work! :thumbup:

OBX is the only company that makes one for the F23 but i wouldn't go with their product since OBX is pretty much a trial by fire sorta thing.
You could just look over on the forums and might find something or ebay or just have one made for you.
Yea, this is def not something i want to go cheap on. If anything i might get a TIG welder (if i can get the cash) and make my own. Something like this: Here

u should swap for a vtec motor... but looks nice tho
I was looking into swapping in an H22A, but i would rather stick with the F23. With that long stroke it'll make way more torque than an H22. And besides, the money spent on actually getting a new motor could be put into parts for the F23.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
u only got 211 whp at 10psi? are you untuned or something?
The only change i would have done..is instead of put the turbotimer,or what ever you have on the dash..it fits perfectly inside the coin tray holder under all those switches.
but looks good besides that.

akoutmos

Reaction score
The turbo is a GT25, meaning it is really small (another bad part about the kit). If i had gotten a bigger turbo and was running 10psi i'd be makin more power. But the car has been fully tuned to answer your question. And the thing on the dash is the boost controller. I like it up there cause its convenient to switch between high and low boost settings (6psi and 10psi). And i like my coin tray :)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Oh gotcha..about to say if i was 10psi on my T3 id be atleast 300whp..lol
and ya your right,i like my coin holder too.ha

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Also if you need a tubular manifold, I can make one to your specs, ram horn, top mount whatever.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
with the same turbo and water/meth at 8psi and a conservative tune, i made 240whp

Back