F23A5 Turbo Build

akoutmos

Reaction score
Really? 240hp? What kind of ECU do you have? Back when the car was tuned over the summer i was not too familiar with AEM and so didn't want to tune it myself. Since then, i have done a lot of reading and research and i am def tuning it my self next time. If you wouldn't mind i'd like to take a look at the map (when it was tuned on with the GT25), to see if the tuner was way off on the ignition timing. I actually had to redo the fuel map, went to a boost compensation map, cause the way he set it up it was running way to rich, like 10.5. I got it steady at 11.6 on boost.

bovodo

Reaction score
YOU DONT NEED VTEC WHEN YOU HAVE TURBO!!!

but i recommend looking into a new camshaft so you can make use of the turbo. and to shut the VTEC whores up. if you have a nasty enough Lift and Duration, you can finally say "F#CK VTEC!"

look into bisimoto camshafts, they make great regrinds for our F series motors

akoutmos

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments. Does anyone have any personal experience with the bisimoto regrinds? What kind of power gains?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
good job bro.... good power output too given tht u have the a5 :thumbsup:

bisi cams r good for N/A application, but i am not sure abt turbo application tho.. GL

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
vtec is actually a big improvement in the f 23, seeing as it only uses 4 intake valves until it engages.

mraw112

Reaction score
I dont know much about vtec, but are you saying our cars run on 1 intake valve per cylinder when vtec is unengaged? I thought vtec was just lift and a small amount of duration change.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Well, yes and no, but on our motors in particular (as well as k20a3's and d series), The cam will only open one intake valve (and a partially open valve for swirl) then when vtec engages, the valve fully opens. So for the most part 1 valve for everything unengaged vtec, thus why f series vtec engages so low.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
That's true about the vtec, how it fully opens valves fully when it engages, vs unengaged they are less open....

One positive thing on our motors with the vtec and a turbo on our motors is we can play off of when the vtec engages to help with that extra air to spool the turbo faster and get up to full boost quicker, its something we did with my car and it worked out extremely well (just my $.02)

Back