Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

capsidx

Reaction score
Why does it seem like this thread will be updated forever lol. I can’t wait to actually focus on aesthetics and the finer things rather than engines and replacement parts lol. Maybe it’s time to think about doing an engine delete :lawl: or maybe this jdm f20b will actually be jdm and be well suited for American driving lol. Anyways love the car. Main reason I started modifying mine. Can’t wait to clean mine up the way you have. Has this been an expensive venture for you? :lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Haha it's probably because I've been restoring my pics recently. I thought I'd never be able to fix this thread but it's getting me going once I started lol. You got a JDM engine that I see on your avatar? Thanks man. But seriously? Wow, I'm very flattered and honored to hear that. I hear ya; Projects need a big patience sometimes. Well, I can probably figure out how much I've spent, but I stopped keep tracking of those, b/c it's not helping me out in anyway lol

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
^ Haha it's probably because I've been restoring my pics recently. I thought I'd never be able to fix this thread but it's getting me going once I started lol. You got a JDM engine that I see on your avatar? Thanks man. But seriously? Wow, I'm very flattered and honored to hear that. I hear ya; Projects need a big patience sometimes. Well, I can probably figure out how much I've spent, but I stopped keep tracking of those, b/c it's not helping me out in anyway lol

Yeah PeeBucket put a real hurting to a lot of threads, and not just here.:karate: Glad to hear you're at least trying to fix your thread, as most of the "older" members aren't here anymore to fix theirs, let alone the pic in their signature. It really makes going thru a tech thread a PIA when more than half of the pics are gone. I visit 2 other web sites, and they host their own photos. This keeps build threads, tech threads and the like whole (unless someone posted a pic or pics from PeeBucket in it). It's really enjoyable to look thru a tech thread and see all the pics, tips and modifications that someone went thru the trouble to post. So :waytogo: on you for fixing this thread. :)

capsidx

Reaction score

Yea it’s my Jdm f20b. I’m over swaps though. This is my second one :lawl: the reason I creep on this thread is because it’s so meticulously documented and constantly updated lol. It’s just so well organized it’s like it’s own forum lol. I’m probably going to start editing my thread soon to clean it up. I mean I have a full black leather interior and jdm f20b but half of the pics are a tan interior and my old f23 (loved that motor). Any performance plans or are you pretty happy with the car now?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yeah PeeBucket put a real hurting to a lot of threads, and not just here.:karate: Glad to hear you're at least trying to fix your thread, as most of the "older" members aren't here anymore to fix theirs, let alone the pic in their signature. It really makes going thru a tech thread a PIA when more than half of the pics are gone. I visit 2 other web sites, and they host their own photos. This keeps build threads, tech threads and the like whole (unless someone posted a pic or pics from PeeBucket in it). It's really enjoyable to look thru a tech thread and see all the pics, tips and modifications that someone went thru the trouble to post. So :waytogo: on you for fixing this thread. :)
:guile::hadoken::hunter::gr_guns:Photobucket :chainsaw::shooter::biggun:

Yea it’s my Jdm f20b. I’m over swaps though. This is my second one :lawl: the reason I creep on this thread is because it’s so meticulously documented and constantly updated lol. It’s just so well organized it’s like it’s own forum lol. I’m probably going to start editing my thread soon to clean it up. I mean I have a full black leather interior and jdm f20b but half of the pics are a tan interior and my old f23 (loved that motor). Any performance plans or are you pretty happy with the car now?
Right on, I'm glad you're done with it haha. That's good to know, thanks lol; It's becoming pretty useful for keeping track of what I should be doing to my Accord next. Makes it easy, and kindda fun, to go over what I've done to the car as well. Cool man, do it. Show us the interior and the motor. Well, as far as the performance goes, I'm pretty happy with my engine now. Tranny is an "okay" level, but the car has gone through some major maintenance a couple yrs ago, and it's running super healthy 'n strong! However, I've been always thinking about deleting the rear seats, getting a carbon fiber hood & a rear bumper air diffuser, ever since I can't recall when lol.

capsidx

Reaction score
I mean with the way you put things on your car you focus on the detail to a ridiculous level. I’m sure you would make all that looks good, especially since diffusers are frowned upon on cars that don’t have like 300+hp lol. + 1 for the carbon fiber hood because that’s a route I want to go. As far as he tranny goes you could always swap in a 6mt which would make the car next level fun but it’s not cheap. Did you already do the 6mt swap? Maybe I missed it. Also forgot to mention the second I saw your black interior for the first time in 2016 I instantly fell in love with the black interior and have had that bug ever since. Luckily I was able to complete that full interior swap some time ago when I got back to PA. There were tons of coupes at the junkyard . I couldn’t be happier with it.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ I could probably be more in detail though lol. Well, "all of that" was actually a performance upgrade, so I'm not entirely focused on those to make the car "look good" though.. Just precisely speaking haha. Imo, number of HP doesn't matter for having a diffuser. I think it's MPH, how fast you drive. 6ga's rear bumper collects on-coming air so much. I feel like I could improve that resistance of air. I see a lot of 0-60 time-attack Civic boys create some holes on their rear bumper to let the air escape, but I'd rather deflect the air and diffuse it in the first place. (Adding a diffuser panel and fins on the spare tire enclosure underneath the car, if you know what I mean.) Oh, you mean my interior eh. FIY, it's actually not black. it's called Charcoal Classy Gray. Color code is NH264L. Must've been these pics then. I missed displaying these, thanks for mentioning. :)
72734b4f035a0d7afc69a2268e5c82b0.jpg

17128e94b587f30ba3adba378f7a7d03.jpg

2520ddaf98945d29fcc9b4c68baaa2cd.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
The second picture, the side shot? That’s the reason I have a interior now [emoji28]. The CHARCOAL CLASSIC GREY lol. I wish the sedan came with it but it’s w/e. Also I wasn’t knocking you for the diffuser idea. I want one myself. What I want more than anything right now is a 2015 tl dashboard. The spaceship one? Yea that’s my next project. That’s going to be a fun one. But when I first joined I was like man all these guys and their really nice cars. Back then I had a fully stock f23 auto with mismatched Steelies. Im looking into a lip kit now but do you suggest lowering it before anything cosmetic in the outside? I don’t want it to look like a monster truck with a lip kit lol

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Ya, I like the darker colored interior better because it doesn't look that dirty, compared to tan interior, right? No worries man. Was just saying that to those stereotypical minded ppl haha. I love different ideas though. It's interesting to hear things from different perspective. '15 TL dash? Damn, that's a completely different chassis, GL with the project! I felt exactly like that, when I first saw these Accord websites lol. They all gave me some good inspirations. It's totally up to you, but I suppose majority of ppl would lower it first before adding lip kits for the sake of a proper look. Actually getting lip kits first before lowering doesn't look THAT bad, compared with upgrading wheels before lowering. I have a feeling that, ppl lowered their car first tend to take a long time to get lip kits, b/c lowered ride height itself already makes the car look pretty descent w/o them. On the other hand, ppl getting wheels/lip kits first, tend to lower their cars relatively fast, since the a bit of 4x4 truck look. I think suspension is more important than underspoilers for ur safety, so you want to lower it when ur time is right 'n research is done. I upgraded my wheels first before lowering my car haha. so I was rocking with the 4x4 mode! :driving:

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
I think that’s what I’m going to do. I planned on selling the car but after putting so much into it I won’t get that back so I guess now that it drives I guess it’s back to cosmetics lol. The original plan was to start cosmetically but unfortunately engines became the source of the money. I can’t wait to start lowering the car and making it look the way I want to. Unlike you I get parts that weren’t designed for the CG and try to retrofit them. I know life would be simpler if I just bought a lip kit for the car but knowing me I would buy one for like a GTR and heat it up, chop it and fit it just to say I have a gtr lip lol. Even though it will probably look just about the same as the one for the cg. I recently picked up an under carriage splash guard for a 2017 accord and I’m going to retro fit it onto Frankenstein. I don’t like road grime and water getting on my oil pan and engine and feel like they should have installed one from factory. Looks like they didn’t start making them until 2017. So that’s where I’m at now lol. It actually covers everything up until the exhaust tunnel so the engine is completely covered from road garbage. Once I’m done with that I think some new fenders and a 99 hood is next. Too bad the 2000 hood I have doesn’t fit right so water and snow get in there. I think I’ll take your advice though and lower it first. A lower car with stiffer springs is better for cornering anyway :lawl: someone told me they liked my accord because it’s like a truck. I can just slide under and do an oil change lol. I’m still on factory suspension so I feel like I am in a boat although it handles pretty well still.

Back