Brake Upgrade Options

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Working on making a Brembo BBK kit available to most of the Hondas out here using the Hyundai Genesis coupe front brembo calipers. Testing different rotors at the moment.

The calipers themselves are direct bolt ons unlike the Acura TL Brembos that have larger holes that require spindle swaps.

These Genesis Brembos fit perfectly to factory equipment and can even reuse stock brake hoses.

Should post updates within the week.

Hello out of nowhere lol, wow. I am still running the Comptech headers you sold me. Anyway interesting find with the Genesis calipers, curious to see updates since my old Rotora BBK is on its last leg. Well, the 1pc rotors anyway, and there is no replacement that I have found.

98accordky

Reaction score
my front rotors are starting to get little wobble and have been looking to get something to fill my wheels a little better Accord_V6_400m did u happen to find a rotor that fit the genesis caliper?

Last edited:

jypatric

Reaction score
Any update on this? My buddy is selling a set of genesis calipers and I'm thinking of buying them.

Volo

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a new pair of front brake pads for my 2002 V6 coupe. Stopped by POWER STOP Z-series.
Does anyone know whats the difference will be between Z23 Evolution Sport; Carbon Fiber-Ceramic AND Z26 Street Warrior; Carbon-Fiber Ceramic?
Also my attention caught WAGNER OEX503 and BREMBO P28026N. If choosing between those two and POWER STOP Z-series, what would be a better choice?
Thank you!

Volo

Reaction score
Ended up with Power Stop Z26-503 - Z26 Extreme Performance Carbon-Ceramic Front Brake Pads and RAYBESTOS 96711 front rotors.
Works sick!

P_20230913_193250.jpgP_20230913_181136.jpgP_20230913_180212.jpg

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Hey all. Looking to do the RL caliper brake upgrades here soon.

What all is needed to make it work? Nissan 350z rotors to make it work?
You'll need an adapter for the RL calipers. I recommend Fastbrakes kit since they include a hubcentric ring that goes on the hub for the rotor whereas other kits don't. You'll need the ring otherwise you'll be chasing steering wheel vibrations like I was since the 350Z rotor won't sit flush on the hub. You'll need 350Z rotors but the Brembo spec. I used the PowerStop rotors for an 05 350Z.
POWER STOP​
JBR1107XPR

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
You'll need an adapter for the RL calipers. I recommend Fastbrakes kit since they include a hubcentric ring that goes on the hub for the rotor whereas other kits don't. You'll need the ring otherwise you'll be chasing steering wheel vibrations like I was since the 350Z rotor won't sit flush on the hub. You'll need 350Z rotors but the Brembo spec. I used the PowerStop rotors for an 05 350Z.
POWER STOP​
JBR1107XPR

Thanks for the info!

Next questions regarding these RL brakes:

- Will they fit inside the 16" Stock wheels?
- What wheel specs are needed for them to fit if the above answer is "no"?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Next questions regarding these RL brakes:

- Will they fit inside the 16" Stock wheels?
- What wheel specs are needed for them to fit if the above answer is "no"?
Happy to help! 17" wheels are the lowest you can go. I cleared them with 04-08 TL wheels (Base or Type S wheels). 17x8+45 are the OEM TL wheel specs that clear the RL calipers.

If you're running aftermarket wheels you'll need to make the there's enough backspacing from the hub to the caliper edge. For example, my BBS LMs didn't clear the caliper so I had to separate the wheel faces between the front and rear wheels since the wheel faces have different offsets.

Back