RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

that's going to look pretty damn good. nice work, chris. i'm definitely looking forward to the finished interior shots.

FNCONE

Reaction score

:drool2: Awesome Work On those Panels!!!

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Panels look fantastic Chris. Do you have a S2000 Shift Knob? I have perf leather around the one I have, looks similar to yours.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wheels.. seats.. inserts.. nothing is perf'ed in my car.. Neighbor's grass do look greener..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Guess I got a thing for perforated leather haha. Need to get the e-brake to match too, might try making a boot for it. Will probably do black for it though, like the shift knob.

Perf city!

temporary_10.jpg

that's going to look pretty damn good. nice work, chris. i'm definitely looking forward to the finished interior shots.

Thanks Andy, wanted to do something since I’m sticking with the tan interior.

:drool2: Awesome Work On those Panels!!!

Thanks Frankie. As soon as I put the panel up to the door with the silver trim, I realized I’ll be happy with it. There’s also a little red on my gauge cluster and shift knob/trim, so it won’t be completely out of place haha.

Panels look fantastic Chris. Do you have a S2000 Shift Knob? I have perf leather around the one I have, looks similar to yours.

Thanks Evan. My knob is TSX. Is your shift pattern red too?

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^Guess I got a thing for perforated leather haha. Need to get the e-brake to match too, might try making a boot for it. Will probably do black for it though, like the shift knob.

Perf city!

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Red__Ryder/temporary_10.jpg[IMG][/quote]
I've been always wanting to upgrade my ebrake to a nicer piece with a leather boot, but I just can't seem to figure out how exactly I would be able to put the center console back on w/o a struggle.. It's b/c I always have a hard time making my oem ebrake go through its gate on the console. ← (And the console is huge so..) I wonder how ppl manage to remove / put it back in its place, when the boot becomes bulkier than the oem piece..

Btw, looking at the pic of your Type-S shifter trim, I remember you were gutting out some goodies from a 1G CL at the yard. You might also like to try getting the shifter trim piece from it, b/c I have a feeling that it would fit and look more OEM. Not saying that the size of the Type-S trim looks odd here, but it's just a thought. :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I've been always wanting to upgrade my ebrake to a nicer piece with a leather boot, but I just can't seem to figure out how exactly I would be able to put the center console back on w/o a struggle.. It's b/c I always have a hard time making my oem ebrake go through its gate on the console. ← (And the console is huge so..) I wonder how ppl manage to remove / put it back in its place, when the boot becomes bulkier than the oem piece..

Btw, looking at the pic of your Type-S shifter trim, I remember you were gutting out some goodies from a 1G CL at the yard. You might also like to try getting the shifter trim piece from it, b/c I have a feeling that it would fit and look more OEM. Not saying that the size of the Type-S trim looks odd here, but it's just a thought. :)

Yeah I know what you mean, last time I took the console out I had a little difficulty with the e-brake handle too. I found that it was too far to one side, so I just bent the bracket it’s mounted to a little (like pulling a dust shield away from a brake rotor) and then it went right in. I’ll take a photo but I have a little room to have a boot on it. May even wrap some perf leather around the handle part if I can do it cleanly.

I think the thing that doesn’t look OEM about the shifter trim is that it covers part of the “pencil holder” on the passenger side. But I never use it so it doesn’t bother me too much. I used to want to paint the shifter trim black or something but the silver was less out of place after I swapped the HVAC/radio bezel to the silver one that came on 01-02 models. This pic isn’t well lit, but kinda shows what I mean. They match pretty well in person.

DSC03188.jpg

My cluster bezel is that same silver (you may remember this thread: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47677), and I’m switching the window switch trim on the doors to silver as well, so I think that will further tie all the silver pieces together. Going to leave the center console woodgrain though for now. I guess I’m kind of doing what Lexus did with the previous gen IS interior….silver window trim, HVAC with woodgrain center console.

2006_lexus_is_250_awd-pic-2398547986385016293.jpeg

Probably more than you wanted to know lol, but I know you’re a man of detail so I wanted to explain my thought process haha. My Type-S shifter trim could stand to be repainted though, there is a paint chip. If I didn't have any other silver in the car though, I'd probably paint it black instead of replacing it with a 1G CL piece, I guess the boy in me likes the big red 'S' there. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah I know what you mean, last time I took the console out I had a little difficulty with the e-brake handle too. I found that it was too far to one side, so I just bent the bracket it’s mounted to a little (like pulling a dust shield away from a brake rotor) and then it went right in. I’ll take a photo but I have a little room to have a boot on it. May even wrap some perf leather around the handle part if I can do it cleanly.
Yeees.. I had to do the same exact thing, when mounting it back on. Well, if you're gonna wrap it, there you go, more perf in the city. ;)

I think the thing that doesn’t look OEM about the shifter trim is that it covers part of the “pencil holder” on the passenger side. But I never use it so it doesn’t bother me too much. I used to want to paint the shifter trim black or something but the silver was less out of place after I swapped the HVAC/radio bezel to the silver one that came on 01-02 models. This pic isn’t well lit, but kinda shows what I mean. They match pretty well in person. [url]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Red__Ryder/DSC03188.jpg[url][img][/quote]
I originally thought about elaborating on the Pencil Holder area, but decided not to b/c I didn't want it to sound like a criticism haha. (I wonder if that thing is really meant to be a pencil holder lol.) Yep, I've seen it in your different pics, and they're integrated well. :thumbsup:

[quote="RedRyder, post: 1070107"]My cluster bezel is that same silver (you may remember this thread: [url]http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47677[/url]), and I’m switching the window switch trim on the doors to silver as well, so I think that will further tie all the silver pieces together. Going to leave the center console woodgrain though for now. I guess I’m kind of doing what Lexus did with the previous gen IS interior….silver window trim, HVAC with woodgrain center console.

[img]http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2013/11/18/14/13/2006_lexus_is_250_awd-pic-2398547986385016293.jpeg[img][/quote]
Yes sir, I do remember your journey to the custom NH412L trims. Never knew the IS had the woodgrain+silver combo. ← That's well-[U]accord[/U]ed with sporty & luxury look haha! Is there any pic of your silver cluster somewhere btw? (I've been wanting to color it in NH412L as well, but now that you've mentioned us 'bout the vendor that makes the bezel in CF piece, I'm still contemplating on my decision haha. It's not "black", but I know it'll be one of those "Once you go CF..." things lol.)

[quote="RedRyder, post: 1070107"]Probably more than you wanted to know lol, but I know you’re a man of detail so I wanted to explain my thought process haha. My Type-S shifter trim could stand to be repainted though, there is a paint chip. If I didn't have any other silver in the car though, I'd probably paint it black instead of replacing it with a 1G CL piece, I guess the boy in me likes the big red 'S' there. :)[/quote]
Yes, I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts in detail haha! (I'd say, it wouldn't hurt to be in detail, b/c you never know who in this world might find your detailed discussion helpful, no matter how small 'n simple your project is. And, I think it's fun!)

If you ever decided to repaint your shifter trim, wrapping it w/ a clear bra film afterwards would be the ultimate protection imo. If it's clear-bra'ed, no more paint chip, right? Hopefully, the big 'S' is removable there prior to the wrapping, if the boy in you likes to go that route. :)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^It's okay, Mikey doesn't like this shifter trim covering the pencil holder either lol.

I'll get a pic of the cluster, it still needs a coat of clear so right now the finish is pretty flat.

CF looks great in the charcol interior, you should do it! :)

Back