RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Lmao Social Security...

I just took the Alldata diagram and made the circuit. In the Canadian model the wires travel from the engine bay all the way thru passengers side connecting at multiple connectors. I just made the run shorter and simpler. I found those empty slots when I was doing my car navigation. I didn't want to run power from the battery (which I eventually had to lol) and I found those empty slots and tested them. 45 minutes tops, simple circuit. Let me know if you need help.
Still don't get what you're saying mostly, but that's okay haha. But I do know who to ask when it comes to wiring. Thanks, man.

Chris, hope you can make this thing happen before you start to say "Fawk it's cold.." a thousand times this winter.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Damn you have a good memory. Just went from 50's to 30's and going to stay that way, with possible snow this weekend. So months of dark misery/expletives approacheth... :lawl:

I would recommend just using the high. If we splice them together both wires will be live. Technically shouldn't do harm in a Direct current scenario, but just to be on the safe side I would just keep 1 side working. (The High ).

Yes the 6 speed CL seats only have 1 setting. Have you ever seen the console for the Manual CL? the buttons for the seats are by the armrest in the center console. Not by the cubby. There is only 2 buttons drivers and passengers. No high and lows.

I'll add the relay asap.
LOL dont worry about it. I dont need it anymore.

Okay I knew the switches were in different places on auto vs manual console, but didn’t know one hadhigh/low and the other was high only. Still don’t get why they would do that, hope mine are going to do a good enough job.

Sent you my info. Another question I have is how do the heat setting wires on your harness go into the connector hanging from my seats? In other words what is at the end of those wires on your harness, and am I plugging the wire ends into the connector or do I need to tap into the seat wires going into the connector?

My plan has been to get the pigtails for the other side of the seat harness (side that runs to the fusebox,etc), so that I’d have male/female connectors, then attach the wires I’m running to the pigtail. Thought that would be a clean way to do it, and I wanted to avoid chopping up the wiring/connector hanging from the seat in case I ever want to sell these down the road or something. Hope I'm explaining that clearly.

Btw, I am currently using one of those underdash ports for my radar detector. I will take a photo to show you which one.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score

At the end of my harness is a De-pinned wire, just De-pin the one in the Acura clip and slide this one in.

Here Is the CL drivers Seat Plug MANUAL Transmission (My Auto Looks Just Like This Also)

Here Is The CL Passenger Plug

The Accord Drivers Plug V6

Accord Passenger Plug

Drivers Optional Fuse Plug

Connect the 20A to the Battery One 24 or 25 in the diagram (one of the right side ones not sure if its up or down)

The 7.5A can go on any of the other 3

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Ok maybe my radar detector isn't in the way then, here is a photo of the port it is using:

temporary-12.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Pigtails received - from same 2003 6MT CL-S as the seats (driver side on right)

temporary-29.jpg

Okay so like we talked I de-pinned the seat heater wire from the pigtails and inserted the end of your harness on both sides. Driver is white wire w/red stripe and passenger is green wire w/red stripe. On the driver side, I will be cutting off the end of your harness & splicing it into the wire I de-pinned on the pigtail since the metal connectors were different and we need the connector that "locks" in.

Driver side

temporary-30.jpg

Pass side

temporary-32.jpg

So next you said on the diagrams (post #723) I can ignore anything labeled “DPMS” or “circuit” as they are for hooking up the seat memory function, which I am not doing (your mention of switching multiplexors only reaffirmed my existing decision not to do this lol). And anything labeled “fuse” or “ground” needs to be wired to make the seat motors AND seat heaters function.

CL plug – what’s left to wire on driver side:

Pin 3 – Ground
Pin 7 – Ground
Pin 9 – Red
Pin 11 – Ground since it says M/T: G501?
Pin 17 – Ground
Pin 18 – Ground
Pin 19 – White/Blue
Pin 20 – Blue
Pin 21 – Yellow

Questions…

- So the grounds I know how to handle, except for Pin 11…do I ground it or do nothing with it? The Accord plug has 3 grounds so since the CL plug has 4 (or 5?) I’ll have to splice into the others as you said.

- Does pin 7 on the Accord plug go to pin 9 on CL plug, and pin 9 on Accord plug to pin 20 on CL plug? Just guessing. Pins 19, 20, and 21….I’m not sure what goes to those since they are not labeled on the diagrams above whereas the Accord plug diagram says SRS, power seat, etc. Not sure, need your guidance here.

CL plug – what’s left to wire on passenger side:

Pin 1 – Ground
Pin 2 – Blue/white
Pin 3 – Blue/green
Pin 4 – Ground
Pin 5 – White/red
Pin 6 – Ground since it says M/T: G501?
Pin 9 – Ground
Pin 10 – Ground
Pin 11 – Ground
Pin 12 – White/blue
Pin 13 – Red

Questions...

- Since only driver side is power, doubt I’ll have a plug on the passenger side.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score

hmmm, pin 11, G581, yeah. Splice it. IDK what it does, we're missing that part of the diagram.

7-to-9? Very confused there, one power, one ground, confused on the rest of that too.

Make a kriss-kross diagram on that...

You only got the D/S power? Lame...

FNCONE

Reaction score

Definitely ground the ones that say MT that's your HEATED SEATS lol. I checked the diagram at alldata.

Drivers

picture.php

Passengers

picture.php

*** Pin 3 on Drivers Plug is also ground my mistake***

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^So when you say 'MATCH' I assume you are saying to match the wires from the Accord floor plug to the CL pigtail plug that are of the same color/scheme. Ok, so looking at the DRIVER SIDE:

The Accord and CL plugs both have a red wire w/blue stripe to match up, but only the CL plug has a blue wire w/red stripe (Accord does not). So what are you saying to match the CL blue wire w/red stripe to on the Accord floor plug?

I get match solid red to red, and solid blue to blue....so are you saying I need to put a 20amp inline fuse between these connections? If so, where do I insert this inline fuse, on the CL seat side or Accord floor plug side?

Lastly, for the white wire w/blue stripe, AND solid yellow wire...that both get 7.5amp inline fuses....where are these running to/plugging in at?

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score

^So when you say 'MATCH' I assume you are saying to match the wires from the Accord floor plug to the CL pigtail plug that are of the same color/scheme. Ok, so looking at the DRIVER SIDE:

The Accord and CL plugs both have a red wire w/blue stripe to match up, but only the CL plug has a blue wire w/red stripe (Accord does not). So what are you saying to match the CL blue wire w/red stripe to on the Accord floor plug?

I get match solid red to red, and solid blue to blue....so are you saying I need to put a 20amp inline fuse between these connections? If so, where do I insert this inline fuse, on the CL seat side or Accord floor plug side?

Lastly, for the white wire w/blue stripe, AND solid yellow wire...that both get 7.5amp inline fuses....where are these running to/plugging in at?

1. I checked the diagram, you will not need the Blue/Red Wire. That Is my fault for adding it in there. (I left it in because its a seat belt Buckled wire, not needed in the accord) Basically with just the Red/Blue wire your cluster will show your seat belt is buckled or not.

2. Yes Match Red to Red, Blue To Blue. You will NOT need to add a 20A because its already fused from the factory to a 20A.

3. The easiest way is to tap into the red and blue 20A wires. One for each. Tap into it and add an inline fuse of 7.5A. (preferable at the "CL" side of the wire "after the connector" if you don't want to make slice holes on your OEM harness) This is for the chair control module. (If you look under your CL seat there will be a black computer box)

Sorry for leaving that wire there and confusing you. The CL and TL use the extra seat belt "Buckled, Unbuckled" wire for Tension reducer solenoid on the Acura seat belt system

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification.

So you are saying that I should splice the white wire w/blue stripe into the red wire on the Accord floor harness? And splice the yellow wire into the blue wire on the Accord floor harness?

Or when you say "after the connector", where are you referring to? Because you have the white/blue and yellow wires coming out of the CL seat pigtail...so somehow I have to connect those to the red and blue wires...

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.

Back