Any Bikers??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well i was just wondering if anybody on here has a bicycle, street/mountain..One of my roommates has started to get really interested in it, and bought a Trek Mountain Bike a few weeks ago..Well i have always owned a bike, but never been serious enough to get into it much..HOWEVER, i started thinking about it and really want to get into some mountain biking for a few reasons..Give me something to do outdoors, good workout, and some places have great scenery..Plus i always loved taking my BMW bike offroad when i was younger, now i just have a hybrid but i need something more intense

ANYWAYS haha..if anybody has a bike, what do they own? any pictures also?

I have been looking at getting either a Specialized Rockhopper, Gary Fisher, or Trek...Not sure..all depends on condition..And if i get into it enough i will eventually get a rack for it..Found a used set by Thule for pretty cheap..but i will only get a rack if i start doing this lots

Should start to gain some knowledge this summer because i applied for a job at a local bike shop..They said they needed some people to build the bikes, so that would be really cool...About 3 miles from my house, discounts, and lots of info

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I ride a Trek 4500. I like it a lot. I do mostly city riding on it, but I'm not afraid to get it dirty either. I already upgraded the rear sprocket set to the wide ratio, but I can still only get it up to about 32mph on flat ground, 45mph with a decent hill. It would be nice if had a bit taller gears to keep up with traffic.

DSC01199.jpg

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Why is your bike on the roof? Ha. I ride a road bike, but I also have my mountain bike that I bought a few years ago, used and it has served me well when things arent in perfect condition for my road bike.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive had my GT mtb for about 10 years now. going to bust it out (maybe tomorrow), get a new lock for it, and take it out in for the first time in...4ish years...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i went mountain biking last weekend...my friend bought a bike for the same reasons Eric has(working out etc)...and so he invited me along and i rode a bike he borrowed.....discovered in my current condition that i can't mountain bike...we hit the first hill and i was too out of breath....it sucks...but was fun while it lasted...

when my doctor gets me back healthy and off steroids...i shall try once more...cause damn...that is some exercise....

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i went mountain biking last weekend...my friend bought a bike for the same reasons Eric has(working out etc)...and so he invited me along and i rode a bike he borrowed.....discovered in my current condition that i can't mountain bike...we hit the first hill and i was too out of breath....it sucks...but was fun while it lasted...

when my doctor gets me back healthy and off steroids...i shall try once more...cause damn...that is some exercise....

dang sucks to hear that...i can't wait to get on some trails..I just can't decide what kinda of bike i want..there are so many options..One friend has a Trek 4300, and the other has a Specialized Rockhopper

NASOHC

Reaction score
Here's my baby... great for those long 5 hour+ epic rides. It's maintained as well as my CG5, though I do need to get back on the saddle soon, it's been sitting for 6 months.

im3w2f.jpg

Back