You might be "too low" if...

Omega83

Reaction score
... you get stuck in an automatic car wash and get high-centered on a speed bump all in one day!

Hey guys, I just recently slammed my coupe on F2 type 1's. Never really though about it but being slammed is really freakin inconvenient!

Went to the car wash the other day (one of those big automated ones that runs several cars at once along a track). Pulled in and the front of my car raised up about four inches as the guide rails ran along the frame of my car! It took the workers 20 minutes to reroute the other cars behind me so they could push me out. The manager said that in the 6 years he had been working there, he has never had anyone get stuck (this is when I started thinking :thinking: maybe I'm too low)

Same afternoon I went to pick up my son at school. The school had replaced the old speed bumps that had been torn out by snowplows over the winter and the new ones are REDICULOUS! There's no way around them so I bit the bullet and went as slow as possible and at a steep angle. The sound that my front lip made as it scraped over the speed bump should have been my first clue that this was a bad idea, but I continued. As my front wheels began the descent over the other side of the speed bump, THUD! :eekwtf: I high-centered! About fifty parents and kids turned around with their hands over their mouths and just stared. It took three dudes to push me back far enough to get traction on the speed bump and back out.

Needless to say, I went straight home and raised my suspension about an inch on all four corners. I liked it better lower but that was rediculous!

Anyone out there realize they were "too low" and have a good story to go with it?

Narftastic

Reaction score
first off why in the world would you take your car to a automatic car wash???
mabey its just me but i will NEVER take my car to one of those. im just real anal when i wash my car so i have to do it myself.

jcollins6

Reaction score
first off why in the world would you take your car to a automatic car wash???
mabey its just me but i will NEVER take my car to one of those. im just real anal when i wash my car so i have to do it myself.

:boink: maybe your just too anal... :ohyou:

Omega83

Reaction score
I used to be that way until I found this place. Car comes out looking pristine and it takes 5 minutes instead of the 30 I used to take when I would do it myself. Plus if its good enough for the hundreds of Mercs, BMWs, and Lexus's that go through there everyday, its good enough for my Accord.

Millz

Reaction score
You're probably the first one to take a lowered car through a carwash with a track. Just be thankful your rubber isn't low profile or you'd be refinishing a rim right about now.

also, if a speedbump seems too high just avoid it/dont go over it

:lawl:

jeffpanya

Reaction score
hhaha cmon man u gotta know where your driving and what your doing i never take my car to an automatic car wash and speed bumps ??!! :lolhitting: avoid them JESUS park ur car and walk further away, thats the low lifestyle man !!!!!!! go low or go home !!!

Omega83

Reaction score
You're probably the first one to take a lowered car through a carwash with a track. Just be thankful your rubber isn't low profile or you'd be refinishing a rim right about now.

also, if a speedbump seems too high just avoid it/dont go over it

:lawl:

Yeah... the car wash probably wasn't the smartest move, but there was no way around the speed bump. Had to pick up my son and it spreads the whole width of the pick up line... can't even get into the frickin parking lot without going over one!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Car Wash - that was a "Noob Move", regardless of how clean it might get your car.

Speed Bump - should have parked before you got to it and walked to pick up your son. That way, both of you could admire the drop on the way back to the car........

troll-face-meme.png%253Fw%253D264%2526h%253D198

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Sorry. No such thing as too low. Lock this. Lol.:bash:

On the other note, roads in my neighborhood are horrible and each little bump and dip past 30 miles an hour results in my upper control arm crashing into my shock tower. I've made a mental map of all roads I have to avoid.

Back