Fender work question

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Okay, so heres the deal. I got TL wheels. Theyre wide. My car is low. They dont fit.

So, now that youre caught up, with them on and my car lowered they JUST and I mean barely, do not fit. So instead of forking out cash, I was debating taking a handheld grinder to the small maybe 5 or 6 inches worth of fender to grind it down a tiny bit to add some clearance.

Any thoughts? I've already begun working on relocating my bumper tab as well.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Roll them. The shop I took mine to get my rear fenders rolled ended up just grinding them and I didn't want to raise **** with them because they're a shop that knows exactly how to get into your car and where you live.

If you get them grinded, you risk them rusting along the road. I had to put nail polish over my rear fender and reapply every season. Do it right the first time and get a roller. If you rent a roller, it actually isn't that hard to do yourself.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
You don't even need a roller, or a grinder .. grab a hammer, and a hair dryer .. heat up the paint for a bit, then whack it with the hammer .. rubber mallet would be better if you have one. You're not doing any serious fitting, so that should do just fine. You don't even need it to be flush with the fender .. Just hit it a lil so that its at like a 45 degree angle and you're good to go .. Problem solved :)

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
^^Thats exactly all I need...a 45 would be perfect. Its just so tight that if I hit a bump it would be destroyed haha.

How long would you recommend holding the hairdryer on any given spot before taking the rubber mallet to it (I have one so thats perfect)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Why hammer when you can just roll the fenders. Rolling would make the job much cleaner and less risk of paint chipping from not hitting right with the mallet.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I used the hammer method and got it really good. I got the inner lining flush and what do ya know .. no more rubbing :D I used a heat gun and had it on there for about 20-30 seconds at a time, then hit it with a rubber mallet, and started over. No more rubbing, my paints fine, and I can run really flush.

Also, fender rollers cost money :D

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I'm gonna try it tomorrow :) ill heat it up for like 45 seconds since it isn't a heat gun, and ill hit it once...if it doesn't work well ill roll them....but if your cost effective recommendation works, rep for you sir :)

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Hammer and the handle to a floor jack. Stick that ***** where therez a gap between wheel and fender and start rolling opposite way. And relocate rear bumper tab

metrick1235

Reaction score
Ok..is it just me..or did you say your going to grind 5 or 6inches.. thats alot in my opinion... But ya i would go with a roller...

Back