DIY Catch Can

akoutmos

Reaction score
dam man... how much would you charge to make me one?

I would probably charge $120 to make one. Seeing as the greddys cost $100 and they are half the size and have no breathers. Only problem is i just left for college today and all my tools are back home. They earliest i can make one is thanksgiving break. If a whole bunch of people want them i can make a bunch over break (which is in ten weeks :mad: i hate school).

finch13

Reaction score
Why does it have breathers if it's just going to recirc into the intake manifold?

If I were you I would've just torch welded it, it would look a lot prettier... and I woulda made it round and a bit smaller. There's no way you would ever fill that entire thing up... that thing could hold about a gallon of oil.

I'll keep my DIY Kobalt catch can....

akoutmos

Reaction score
Why does it have breathers if it's just going to recirc into the intake manifold?

If I were you I would've just torch welded it, it would look a lot prettier... and I woulda made it round and a bit smaller. There's no way you would ever fill that entire thing up... that thing could hold about a gallon of oil.

I'll keep my DIY Kobalt catch can....

It doesn't recirculate into the intake manifold. My accord is boosted. All blowby gasses are vented through the pcv valves through the breathers. If you hook up your pcv valve to the intake manifold again you are going to be pumping boost down your valve cover and into the crank case. Which is not good for the engine.

If i wanted your input on how to build it i would have asked. A "good job" would have sufficed.

Back