Hairline crack on top of radiator

meansixx

Reaction score
So last night i was installing my CAI and noticed a hairline crack on top of my radiator. Nothin major just know that if i dont relace it soon it will get bigger and leak more. So my question is what could i use to fix it temporary till i can buy me an alunimum one. Say like a month or so, lookin into getting a Mishimoto or somethin close to that.

storms

Reaction score
well the only thing that comes to mind is JB weld, or if your good a soldering you can try that. a friend of mine soldered his rad on his cbr600rr it lasted the riding season!!

kn0x47

Reaction score
use jb weld. a friend of mine used it when his radiator was leaking really bad. i dont think he ever replaced his radiator

meansixx

Reaction score
use jb weld. a friend of mine used it when his radiator was leaking really bad. i dont think he ever replaced his radiator

well the only thing that comes to mind is JB weld, or if your good a soldering you can try that. a friend of mine soldered his rad on his cbr600rr it lasted the riding season!!

Thanks for the quick replys. Was thinkin about doin that but didnt know if it would last enough. Gonna try that out tomarrow since it will be a lil warmer.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dont JB weld your radiator, just get a new one. You're risking overheating your car and causing serious engine damage. Just buy a new radiator for under $100 shipped on ebay.

nexTOme

Reaction score
like said above, with all the heat and pressure built within radiator, i would suggest get new radiator as well.

however, jb weld could probably buy you some time to replace.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just replace it. That's the really sh*tty thing with molded plastic chambered cases such as the radiator for our cars - they crack. That's the problem I had with mine when coolant was leaking out the J-shaped outlets for the Automatic tranny which are unused on the MT trannies. The chamber cracked on the inside and it began leaking out the unused outlets.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I'd say JB Weld it to buy you some time and then look for one to replace it with in the future. That being said though on my ex-car i got in an accident and the top part of the rad cracked(about 1cm hole actually). Put JB Weld on it and left it for 24 hours and it became hard as a rock. After that 24hours i put another layer of JB on it to make sure it was sealed on all sides and left it overnight. Drove the car like that for 2 years. Got in an accident again and the rad cracked again but it cracked right around the part that was JB Welded. Hence JB Weld kept up pretty well.

If you are going to JB it thought, dont just put it on the crack put it at least 1-2cm around the crack as well.

Back