Bad. Past. Bodywork

irtiza18

Reaction score
So you got a 6th gen. sweet! you look around the body and notrice the rear portion around the trunk has some unusual work done to it. you notice they didnt do a very good job to the body repair. the rear bumper is not fitting properly into the back. and they didnt do a good point job either. So my question is... is it worth it to fix bad bodywork or find another 6th gen? im thinking mine was rear ended badly and this was the result

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Any pictures of the areas you are concerned with would probably be helpful, did you ever do a car fax before you bought the car ? It was a life saver when I was car shopping for months for myself and my wife as we spotted a lot of bad apples so to speak.
It was like having a extra layer of security to know what we were really getting ourselves into and if the owners were being honest with us when talking to them.

If it was just the trunk lid that was a lil off from a fender bender then I would not over think and freak myself out into buying a new car when a simple new trunk deck lid could be mounted and fitted until you had the money to paint/blend depending on the condition of the existing paint.

Check the clips for the bumper too and insure they are all there and not causing it to sag or look off on fitment as I've already had that same issue on my wife's car and was a easy fix.

Varnell

Reaction score
I've never gotten a rear bumper to properly fit on a coupe. Always has a gap under the brake lights. Drives me crazy.

Back