How to adjust alarm sensitivity?

k3nnex

Reaction score
Hey guys, car noob here with an alarm issue. Alrighty, so I bought my Accord used from a local and I guess he installed an aftermarket alarm to the car. It's a Chapman, I don't know much more bout it, but right now the alarm is super sensitive, like if a pickup truck were to drive by my car would chirp maybe once or twice until the truck goes away.

How can I lower the sensitivity of my car? I just want to protect my stuff I don't want it to keep on bitching every time something is near it. I tried to look for a manual online already I'm not really sure how to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I really gotta fix the alarm, I haven't used it in awhile but I just installed some coilovers so now is a good time to get it fixed.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
You need to find the shock sensor. I don't know how "Chapman" works, but DEI Alarms can be adjusted via the shock sensor on remote start models. Otherwise, it's done via the remote.

Either way, find the shock sensor and see if there is an adjustment on it. Also, see what it's attached to. If it's attached to a loom of wires it's going to much more sensative than if it we're to be attached to metal.

k3nnex

Reaction score
Err I can't seem to find my "brain" or "shock sensor" or ANYTHING mainly cus I have no clue how it all works. How would I actually get to it? Or usualy? Thanks!

angelplus

Reaction score
k3nnex said:
Err I can't seem to find my "brain" or "shock sensor" or ANYTHING mainly cus I have no clue how it all works. How would I actually get to it? Or usualy? Thanks!

Should be right by your firewall on either the passenger or driver side of the car. Or even try the space where your ECU is located in the middle. Some have them unstalled under the seats but I highly doubt that. Hope this helps.

k3nnex

Reaction score
... I really really hate to ask this question haha. So... where is my firewall and ecu? My friend said to try to access the dash by taking out the fuse panel on the driver said and unscrewing my dash or something. Even by doing so I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for, I have been told it's a dial of some sort, like a sliding knob or just a circular knob.

k3nnex

Reaction score
ok ok I got it! Thanks guys, after I was told that it would cost $35 to "fix" I just went ahead and took my car apart just to see what it was. And I FOUND IT! WOOO HIGH FIVE thanks guys.

k3nnex

Reaction score
haha at first I kept sticking my arm under the wheel "where you'd hotwire" the car. And I couldn't feel for a knob of any sort. So I ended up just unscrewing things here and there and I saw a bigger black box that had CHAPMAN on it and connected to that was a smaller box with a TINY white dial. Shabam, now I actually know where it is I don't have to open up my dash anymore. Thanks!

AND! My friend just gave me a clutch lock, which I use on my brake cus my car is auto. weee

Back