retrofit headlight

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, for sure get another set of lights...unless you think you can do an entire retro in a weekend, have nowhere to go, and dont need to run to true value for anything you forgot...

my best advice is before anyone goes all nuts with buying stuff, is do your homework. figure out whats in your price range, what look you want, and which components will work best for what you want.

are you sure you typed your screen name and password right when registering at hidplanet?

accordc1

Reaction score
i just did some research and it seems pretty simple but a hassle to do.
What projector did you use for your retro?

The s2k look is nice but how is the lighting on it?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the s2k is the best lowbeam projector out there. the ls430 is super wide, but the mirror on the bottom makes the projector huge.

if you can swing the $300 price they sell for, then definitely get em.

Nemo619

Reaction score
S2000 are rated as one of the best and the next IMO would be TSX projectors. TSX seem to be easily mounted. But like Ryan S said, price your options; projectors, balasts, bulbs, etc.

accordc1

Reaction score
well i have some money to spend i just need to get rid of my t3/t4. You know your picture is that the s2000 setup? I dont have anywhere to get those projectors i Dont think anywhere in hawaii sells projectors like that.

they sell some on ebay dont really know if its legit or not though

Last edited:

Nemo619

Reaction score
accordc1 said:
well i have some money to spend i just need to get rid of my t3/t4. You know your picture is that the s2000 setup? I dont have anywhere to get those projectors i Dont think anywhere in hawaii sells projectors like that.

they sell some on ebay dont really know if its legit or not though

The projectors in my signature are E46 bi-xenon from a BMW. You can buy projectors on ebay, but I would highly recommened buying them off of HID planet. They also sale kits on their main page.

accordc1

Reaction score
oh for real? they sell humm i tried logging in still having problems logging in cannot register because the code, Its always saying im typing it in wrong. Im going to try again,

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
hey, if you're still looking for pics of a retrofit i actually just uploaded some in the member's section of my car. I used audi tt projectors and they are pretty good for the price i got them for, but if i where to do it again i'd definetly get tsx projectors.

accordc1

Reaction score
hmmm i dont really trust hidplanet after reading all those forum things about how sellers dont ship items and just take the money.

Ill check out ur retrofit

Nemo619

Reaction score
accordc1 said:
hmmm i dont really trust hidplanet after reading all those forum things about how sellers dont ship items and just take the money.

Ill check out ur retrofit

You can ask around the site and see who is a legitimate person to do business with. They also changed the format up where the seller must post a picture of the product with their screen name and date.

Back