automatic shift knob

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking to change the shift knob on my 6th gen accord. I was hopping to put a boot too, to make it look more clean. I have read some post about it. Some of the people who did the change used the a razor booy and shift knob, but for some reason I can't find them. I was thinking of buying the cl1 accord boot and shift knob to replace my knob. Does anyone know if it would work? Or can anyone recommend a boot and a shift knob that would work on my automatic accord? I don't mine pushing down the knob. I prefer that over a pushing a button.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261510628107?nav=SEARCH

Brad2274

Reaction score
nope, that's for a manual shifter, threads on, better off converting to a prelude shifter so you can use whatever knob you want

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Prelude shifter + boot for a manual + drilled & tapped pool ball ( #8 )

Kicks ***.

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Thank for the info guys. Sorry but im not trying to change the whole shifter. I just like to change the knob on my accord. Like the 8 pool ball @xci.ed6 suggest. Can I just take that and change it with my knob? Or would I need to change the whole shifter?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you don't switch out the shifter, you need a knob with a button or one that you can push down on, or some other auto shift knob. Look on Google, Ebay, 3rd party sites, etc. There are also threads on here about this, give it a search.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Need to change the ball to hold a unk button, shaft is a tube, inside it has a shaft, somehow you gotta push that...iirc, you can delete button, so it acts like it's always pressed. Probly got some issues puttin on a knob, no thread, iirc, mine was m10x1.25, like a manual.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
It will work, I got the same one

1zf521e.jpg

Back