Wheelskin or CL S/MDX/TL S wheel options

What steering wheel option is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

all.i.see

Reaction score
Wheel puller, SRS collar put back correctly, and don't spin it, got it . Thanks! This will all be very helpful in a week or so when I put mine one :)

^^What paint did you use to paint your steering wheel black? any specific paint for that kind of material? or any prep work other than a nice clean wipe down?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Also unplug your battery and wait 10 minutes before starting. Just a safetey precaution with working around the SRS system (yellow wires).

Mikey

Reaction score
Id unplug that ***** and walk away for an hour, lol. That is probably THE biggest thing scaring me from doing this.

Mikey

Reaction score
^^What paint did you use to paint your steering wheel black? any specific paint for that kind of material? or any prep work other than a nice clean wipe down?

Thanks man. After removing the airbag assembly I just briefly cleaned the surface then did 2 light coats of satin black spray paint, whatever walmart sells. It's been about 6 months so far and it's still holding up well. Now the plastic steering column behind the wheel was still light grey, so I replaced that with a black column assembly from another accord at the junkyard, really worked out for me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Id unplug that ***** and walk away for an hour, lol. That is probably THE biggest thing scaring me from doing this.

Ha that’s how I felt. When I finished and hooked the battery up again, I inserted the keys into the ignition from outside the car, under and away from the airbag. Lol The SRS light came on as usual, then went off. And I was happy.

You’ll be fine, just double check yourself. It’s such a great mod. ;)

Mikey

Reaction score
Im gonna end up making it harder for myself, cuz Im gonna try and be out of the way of the airbag as much as possible, lol. Even once I get it out, I wont trust it.

Worse case scenario, it blows and I drive around without one for awhile. :p

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
What paint did you use to paint your steering wheel black? any specific paint for that kind of material? or any prep work other than a nice clean wipe down?

I just cleaned the surface of the airbag with water and paper towls then did 2 light coats of a satin black spray paint, whatever walmart sells lol

As for being a little sketched about the airbag, I was too at first. I've taken off/put back on my steering wheel 4 times now, never an issue. I would disconnect both ground and positive on my battery and just wait 15min before I did work.

all.i.see

Reaction score
K cool. I forgot that you posted that earlier in the thread. Now to just get some paint and wait for the wheel :wub:

Back